Scoobs And Likes...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does scoob stand for anyway? I can only think of doggy references and that's just weird.
As far as I know the name scoob is a hang-over from the early days of the previous format of TEF. Officially it was the "reputation" approval or disapproval buttons. However I believe our member KME, who at that time had the character ScoobyDoo as his avatar, unofficially renamed them and over time and among the general banter of the forum the term 'scoob' became the name for reputation. Now with KME's role as one of the core management team of the new format forum, the amended name has become the official forum name for reputation when a member really appreciates the content of another members posts. As with any club, company, internet forum etc. that has been in existence for several years, some historic traditions, conventions, pet names, in-jokes become standard. Rather like, KME's beer fridge, Steptoes rods, Deke's Brian, or Admin1's shed. Although to newly joining members they may appear to have no rhyme nor reason. Possibly it is one of the unique characteristics that make this forum part of what it is.

As a side point re; likes -vs- scoobs, I agree with the concept of only having one counter system and some restrictions on how they can be applied. however it still gave the problem of what to do with the two sets of counters from the old forum. As 'reputation' was a bit more related to members technical input I can see the logic of dropping the 'like' counters. Ideally it may have been good to wipe everybodies counters back to a clean start, but that would have negated a lot of genuine reputation gained by older contributors who have put some very good content into the forums historic archive.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit lame that someone decided to limit the amount of 'likes' or 'scoobs' that can be given in a 24hr period.