Screwfix 17th ed board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got a split load board on display in their local SF marked '17th ed board'? it even says in description that it can be adjusted so all ways are RCD'd....

Anyone else got a split load board on display in their local SF marked '17th ed board'? it even says in description that it can be adjusted so all ways are RCD'd....
there is one on show at a branch near me but it is labelled and has a dual rcd

The Sunderland branch had one on display last week. It was dual 10way board but could be changed to incorporate high integrity (non rcd) ccts. Wylex I think.....may be wrong tho

I think the term "17th ed board" is a msinomer, a bit like "part p qualified".

Andy I read your original post and I thought that it made no sense! Now I see what you are getting at...

The manufacturer (or screwfix) will say that you could fill it with RCBOs as their getout clause. Cheap board eh!?!!

The Sunderland branch had one on display last week. It was dual 10way board but could be changed to incorporate high integrity (non rcd) ccts. Wylex I think.....may be wrong tho I think the term "17th ed board" is a msinomer, a bit like "part p qualified".
this was at sunderland, and its still there on display. mentions nothing of adding RCBO's or anything, just claims its a 17th ed board. very mis-leading to joe public (who probably shouldnt be able to buy it anyway!)

this was at sunderland, and its still there on display. mentions nothing of adding RCBO's or anything, just claims its a 17th ed board. very mis-leading to joe public (who probably shouldnt be able to buy it anyway!)
It will be the same one I was looking at when I was waiting an eternity for them to pick 10 rolls of blue tape, which they managed to get wrong!! I never actually noticed it wasnt rcd'd. That is misleading, although if all ccts were not less than 50mm buried or in trunking or were not in kitchen or supplying outside etc then it could be argued it is a 17th board!! I have never seen an installation that satisfies the above though!!

Neil

do we really expect knowledge from screwfix?

by the way , does anyone rate Contactum CUs

It will be the same one I was looking at when I was waiting an eternity for them to pick 10 rolls of blue tape, which they managed to get wrong!! I never actually noticed it wasnt rcd'd. That is misleading, although if all ccts were not less than 50mm buried or in trunking or were not in kitchen or supplying outside etc then it could be argued it is a 17th board!! I have never seen an installation that satisfies the above though!!Neil
PMSL!!! :^O :^OApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

do we really expect knowledge from screwfix?by the way , does anyone rate Contactum CUs
I used one of their new CP range a few weeks ago, a little tight space wise with the rcbo maybe but otherwise no different to Wylex & the like.

Fitted A nice Hager today (customers own purchase Applaud Smiley )................ I like

Its ok guys lets not worry about....

Part P and the Labc will save the day and the DIYER.... :eek:

:coat

Latest posts