Sd1 Dialler Problem After Resetting.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headscratcher

Reaction score
Probably 10 years ago I installed a SD1 dialler onto my Response alarm system.  

Recently it has started misdialling and getting the message 'your number has not been recognised'.

I was having problems re recording the message [it had deteriorated and was distorted] and so decided

to attempt a reset by shorting out the factory reset pins [JP2] as instructed "whilst applying power to the unit"

Now the unit is displaying "PLEASE RECORD" as expected but entering the factory reset code [1234] or my old one has no effect.

I am surmising that the unit has a non recoverable fault but just want to check if there is something I have missed.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Why do these things always go wrong at the weekend?

I presume you held down button 9 while you re-powered it?

I am concerned by your comment of "it had deteriorated and was distorted" that is not supposed to happen, (Obviously) if you have followed the "How to default / reset" instructions to the letter, and it is no better, I would say its time for a new one.

They are also prone to induction up the phone line. (I lost mine because of this)