Self employment and taxes....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for clarity the firm that I'm working for is installing the whole lot; sprinklers  dampners, alarms, PA, ventilation, pumps, tanks etc etc. 

The Niers is the second lot of NI and the company margin is the fee for all their hard work. ;

Holiday pay... hmmm... I told them not to bother with that! 

I am confused by it all as I have had a company accountant worry about for me in the past but I'm sure it's all a scam, if you look at my salary pay its £7.50/ hr then look at additional taxable income of £195 that's the bit they left out!?

Lastly just to rub it in a bit more I'm on an emergency tax code!!! Not sure if I got a p45 from my previous employer??? 

Thanks again  for the advice! 

:)

The £87.78 are non taxable deductions made up of the umbrella fee, insurance and ?? 

You have paid the tax and NI on the gross (gross-company deductions)  £609.73

your tax code is 1150L the X denotes not confirmed, the tax you pay is correct for single person allowance. 

The holiday pay is I think just smoke and mirrors as you have been paid it in your taxable gross.

i would ask them what the additional pay is of £195.31 and also ask if the holiday is accrued and is it payable upon taking the holiday. 

I would then ask the firm if they are JIB registered, if so then the pay rate should reflect JIB rates + holiday.  I don’t know what current improver rates are?