Hello everyone!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonForester

Reaction score
My names Jon, i'm a qualified electrician living in the Forest of Dean. I completed my apprenticeship in 2015 (C+G 2330 16th edition) and continued with my studies afterwards to become 17th edition certified. I then completed AM2 and 2391 Testing, inspection and maintenance qualifications.

I haven't worked as a full time electrician for many years, though I have completed odd jobs for friends and family here and there throughout that time. More recently I have been picking up more and more work and potential jobs. I have decided that it would be worth my while to seek advice on what I need to do in order to confidently tender for larger electrical jobs, such as domestic rewires, consumer unit upgrades and commissioning. I understand that the main thing I would need to have is insurance for my work and that to do this I would need to become registered as a competent electrician within an appropriate scheme?

Hopefully with the help of the professionals on this forum I can devise a plan as to how best to proceed in order to work my way towards becoming a legitimate self-employed domestic/commercial electrician.

Many thanks for having me,
Jon