Shafted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest Steps are you on the electorial register at the house? The reason being is that is the first thing credit companies look at to see if you actually live at the address you are applying for credit from.
I am now Mr Sworld, but obviously before I (we) bought this house I didnt actually exist in England, my last address before this one was Isle of Man, which is outside UK jurisdiction as far as credit etc is concerned.

I actually had people question my existence at all, woulda been better claiming asylum probably,,, ;)

so I suppose maybe it was a bit of a catch 22 situation when I first moved, weird how they will lend out a good few grand mortgage, but run away when you ask for a 2dozen quid mobile phone, X( :_| :^O

so I suppose maybe it was a bit of a catch 22 situation when I first moved, weird how they will lend out a good few grand mortgage, but run away when you ask for a 2dozen quid mobile phone, X( :_| :^O
Yet if you want a phone for 'illegal' purposes then anyone will sell you a PAYG one!

Madness! ; \

well thats what I have now, :)

I got given a SIM card by a mate and Ive still got it in my phone now cos I got fed up with all the hassle and now I dont really want to change my number cos Ive had this one for over a year now,

tho I might have a go again at a mobile after xmas, (only cos Id like a new fancy phone tho :D ).