Short Delay Timer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So......

We`ve got a few florries fired from one switch position - I`m spreading them over three phases.

the plan is to fire them through contactors; with the second stage a few seconds after the first, and the third stage a few seconds after the second ( avoiding inrush).

Apart from using the Lovato TMM1 timers, which are very good, but seemingly overkill - any other ideas for a few seconds delay on the control circuit?

Ta.

KME

Cascade the contactors, with 1 on/off switch controlling the first, & contactor mounted, on delay timers feeding the subsequent relays.

As Sidewinder says cascade the contactors but maybe by fitting a pneumatic delay auxilliary to all but the last one. If you just use the built-in n.o. aux contact you'll probably only achieve a few miliseconds.

images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah guys - you get me wrong.

I know HOW to do it - piece of p155 - I wondered if anyone knew of decent delay units..............

S`okay - I`ve found a star/delta timer, with delays on each make ( settable) - so I can fire that from the n/o of the first contactor, and it`ll bring in the second, and then the third, after a few seconds.

Thanks anyway,. Sorry I didn`t explain the question very well - probably too much influence from Capt. Morgan, esq. ;)

Why not use contactor mounted timers?

Schneider do them to fit their contactors and they are in stock locally.

Less devices, less hunting for bits.

I don't understand why you want a separate timer?

Oh, and remember panel standards! ;)

Latest posts