Sick of Part Peee

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a member of NIC means F all. While I was away travelling my parents had a new kitchen fitted and the kitchen company employed an NIC approved contractor. They have not provided a cert, not fitted fire hoods on recessed lights ( which has a bedroom above), fitted an additional cu fed from existing board instead of fitting tail blocks and feeding with a new set of tails, the existing cu did not have any spare ways so they doubled up upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits.

What's the point in paying NIC if they still allow the cowboys to be Part P certified. It's all a con. They only want your money and then don't give a F what you do.

Just cos you are Part P does not mean to say that you aren't a cowboy!

Being a member of NIC means F all. While I was away travelling my parents had a new kitchen fitted and the kitchen company employed an NIC approved contractor. They have not provided a cert, not fitted fire hoods on recessed lights ( which has a bedroom above), fitted an additional cu fed from existing board instead of fitting tail blocks and feeding with a new set of tails, the existing cu did not have any spare ways so they doubled up upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits.What's the point in paying NIC if they still allow the cowboys to be Part P certified. It's all a con. They only want your money and then don't give a F what you do.

So I assume you have followed the NIC official complaints procedure to get the works rectified??

Whats the progress???

No good only giving half the details:|

:C

Being a member of NIC means F all. While I was away travelling my parents had a new kitchen fitted and the kitchen company employed an NIC approved contractor. They have not provided a cert, not fitted fire hoods on recessed lights ( which has a bedroom above), fitted an additional cu fed from existing board instead of fitting tail blocks and feeding with a new set of tails, the existing cu did not have any spare ways so they doubled up upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits.What's the point in paying NIC if they still allow the cowboys to be Part P certified. It's all a con. They only want your money and then don't give a F what you do.

and what are the contraventions ?

I agree, being registered just makes you a more legitimate looking cowboy.