Simple Fusebox Update

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Reaction score
Went to quote on updating a fusebox and walked into see this...

10zzb15.jpg

357krk4.jpg

He was worried about possible fire in the future

I told him he should be more worried than that...

So what have you got there?

3 phase head.

what looks like a single phase dual rate meter and two old fuse boxes (one without a cover)

and what are the three transformers?

I think the upper fuse box's cover is lying there next to the lower fuse box.

Agreed, it needs some "work"

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF is that things down the bottom with the connector on?

I remember wiring these new fangled 12V dichroric lamps with transformers like that when they first came out, would have been about 28 years ago now. We used 4mm flex to each lamp due to the volt drop and mounted the trannys in a 6X6 trunking with air holes drilled in the lid as an enclosure. No electronic stuff around then.

I remember wiring these new fangled 12V dichroric lamps with transformers like that when they first came out, would have been about 28 years ago now. We used 4mm flex to each lamp due to the volt drop and mounted the trannys in a 6X6 trunking with air holes drilled in the lid as an enclosure. No electronic stuff around then.
I went to one [500w toroidal] that was wired in bell wire...customer reckoned it was fine as it was only 12v!

A few years ago my uncle eagerly showed me his handy work . 4, class 1 wall lights in his lounge all wired in figure 8 bell wire and clipped up to the coving and around the room, through the door opening and plugged into a hall socket. He had then wall papered over the top. I warned him but still in use 5 years later

Went to quote on updating a fusebox and walked into see this...

10zzb15.jpg

357krk4.jpg

He was worried about possible fire in the future

I told him he should be more worried than that...
:B-

I bet his mate down the pub will do it for half your quote, and be all finished within 2hrs!

Is that grey T&E going into the top fusebox a bit of Brown/Blue cable????

If so....

who did that bit....

and what did the certs say???

I'd at least have had the connector blocks all the same colour, that white one in between the two blacks just makes it look messy......................
tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Latest posts