Small Air Intake Fan For Living Room.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Roberts

Reaction score
Hi all, 

I have a request from a customer for their dear old mothers flat. She is in on her own most of the time and her windows are high and difficult to open so they are either open all day and letting the heat out or closed all day and it gets very stuffy. My idea was a small wall fan at high level to pull fresh air into the room at the same time as circulating the warm air around and figured this would work quite well. My problem now is actually getting hold of said fan that's neat enough to look domestic and I keep finding myself looking at large commercial units while searching. Does anyone know of any suppliers of 4" low powered fans similar to bathroom extractor size etc but are intake fans? Internal or external and preferably quiet as possible.  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sam.

Thanks, looks great but far too expensive unit for what they want. Just need a simple trickle of air for the winter so she can leave the windows closed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey, they've gone up a lot. I used to buy the Stadium single room units (pretty much identical to the VA one) for about £120. This one is slightly more reasonable. I'd definitely look at fitting a single room heat recovery unit rather than a fan.

How about a low power trickle extract in kitchen or bathroom and a ventilation grille in the living room wall to let in the replacement air? Make sure that there's enough gap under the doors in between to allow the air to move freely.

Latest posts