Socket Brands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Crabtree changed the switched spur backs then to the same style as the crappy sp switched sockets away from tunnel terminals to grip terminals not so impressed with them can u post a picture of the new desigin

well , fitted 4 double sockets supplied by customer from b+q , 2 months later got call , socket switched off but appliance still powered up .

Tried to explain that cheap is not good ( cheap chinese ) . Replaced with a deta socket , thought that be the end of that . 1 month later got the call again " that socket you replaced is still live even when switched off , and its happening again in 1 of the other b+q sockets ".

GOD DAMN IT ! went round again today and changed all four again for deta , see how long they last .

couldnt charge a penny as not clients fault but so bloody frustrating as it makes you look incompetent .

well , fitted 4 double sockets supplied by customer from b+q , 2 months later got call , socket switched off but appliance still powered up .

Tried to explain that cheap is not good ( cheap chinese ) . Replaced with a deta socket , thought that be the end of that . 1 month later got the call again " that socket you replaced is still live even when switched off , and its happening again in 1 of the other b+q sockets ".

GOD DAMN IT ! went round again today and changed all four again for deta , see how long they last .

couldnt charge a penny as not clients fault but so bloody frustrating as it makes you look incompetent .
two different socket brands wit the same fault in the same place....id be wondering what the muppets are doing to them..ie spilling stuff on them, cat peeing on them etc...

fitted some new style crabtree switched spurs this week utter rubbish, very tiny terminals with cage type entry thinner plate and no more on logo fitted to the switch looks like a bit of dumbing down for crabtree not sure ill be using them again

two different socket brands wit the same fault in the same place....id be wondering what the muppets are doing to them..ie spilling stuff on them, cat peeing on them etc...
Did cross my mind that it could be something the customer is doing . Typical responce tho , just plugging in my appliance and switching it on / off .

Cant exactly give them the 3rd degree , so just accept it and move on i guess .

Personally always used and recommended Hager for everything apart from grid switches (which have been the only let down I've had with Hager) for which I use click. Their testing is top notch and pricing is good.

Crabtree are okay but have heard about too many stocking issues to try them for more than the odd bits.

Went to job today to replace on socket. Haven't stocked up for a while so all i could find was a marbo. Oh my god what a piece of utter carp. nearly split the head of the screw, Cables kept getting stuck beside the screw because the screws did not fill the terminal!

Never using them again BG ftw!

Hager best I have ever used better then MK and half the price

Hager all the way for me better than MK but they need to expand the range and get some affordable dimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.