Socket Brands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBenn

Reaction score
I was just wondering as i am looking at socket brands, which branding you normally use?

the company i work for normally use mk logic, and never had a problem with the 1000 odd that ive connected

whats your prefrence? or had any problems with other brands?

MK to, but if I'm honest marbro are a good cheep option

Never had a problem with MK to be honest, cannot remember that last faulty unit it was that long ago.

Tried almost all other brands and it always boils down to the range, I hate mixing because a manufacturer does not do a full grid range for instance.

Currently installing Forbes & Lomax Invisible range and hate it, but clients love it.

anyone remember the RPP [i think] range, I think they were CEF own brand,

total and utter rubbish!!!!!!!

little coloured terminals that struggled to get one 2.5 into,,,,,  :shakehead

Yeah Redditch Plastic Products made by CEF at their factory.

Got invited there for the day many years back, they owned the whole industrial estate, had a look at the cable making also, but the RPP was utter rubbish.

The Marbo cheepie range from Screwups seem very  good to me. I buy the box of 30. The worst ever which I refused to fit were the ones from Toolstation, I think CEO or CED  brand ?

I hate MK now, overpriced . I don't like the  angle of the terminals and also find the screws binding most the time.

Cant remember which make it is, but I used some a while back that came out of the box with the terminals screwed up so tight, it was a job in itself just to get them undone without damaging them

Would probs have saved a days work just there if they came out the packet already undone

toolstation  individual sockets are great,,,,,

but its the contractor multipack of 5 which is total pants different type and cheap

The one thing Id say about knightsbridge is that the terminals are great on them,

I get them supplied on some council work I do, but they are cheap and nasty,

I deffo wouldnt use them on my on jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.