Socket Brands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deta nearly everywhere, very comprehensive range. 

Where more arduous conditions exist or dual earths, MK. 

Click Mode for the "domestic" I do they have all I need, teamed up with MK surface boxes, ESU242, type, & the flared MT2 adaptors, job's a good 'un! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Hager Sollysta probably the best sockets ive fitted the terminals are huge and spacious and does not break like the MK ones do after you tighten them, I have used a bit of Click mode which is  very good although the switches are very stiff.

Its interesting why people rave about Mk because they are not willing to try something else Mk is over priced and only 2747s are made here the outboard rocker socket 2746 I think are clearly stamped made in Malaysia ,says it all

Volex Flat Black Plate continue to haunt me....................cos I've fitted them in my own 'effin kitchen! Miniscule holes for the wires, forget 4mm, 2.5 is difficult enough! Limited range too ended up getting other brands that are "close" to get what I want.

Those Volex sockets have the same terrible backs that Crabtree now have, so if you have to buy Crabtree or Volex by the double pole ones that Citys sell they have tunnel terminals

Hager Sollysta looks good & no problems at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
hager all the way kicks mk and crabtree in to touch

sollysta is the best ive ever fitted in 26 years of being a sparks!

Quoted £1.50 for 2G DP switched for the Hager WMSS82 in Feb, looks very similar to the MK unit curved front etc. & like the Click Mode CMA036, which I am running down my stock of which I paid £2.00 dead each for, have about 20 left now!

Click mode all the way. Don't use anything else

knightsbridge sockets have good terminals, but, Im not convinced on their long term lifespan,

they feel cheap, and look ugly.
Are you taking the P????

I did a job with some,,, got called back to over half a dozen failures out of maybe 20 installed, also loads of them had loose screws that hold the mechanism to the face plate :|

changing the subject ever so slightly, but when did crabtree change the terminal connection layout on the switched fused spurs?

They used to be L and N (in) at the top, with L and N (load) at the bottom, then with a seperate earth terminal on the side.

I picked a couple up from wholesaler the other day and now across the top you have something like earth, N (in), L (out), L in, earth and then a N (out) at the bottom.  Doesnt really seem a very good layout at all and so I will be sticking with Deta which are much better and slightly cheaper!

Are you taking the P????

I did a job with some,,, got called back to over half a dozen failures out of maybe 20 installed, also loads of them had loose screws that hold the mechanism to the face plate :|
???

what do you mean?

that the terminals were sh*t ?

not had any issues with call backs yet, prob fitted in the hundreds past 6 months, council job where thats what they supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.