Solar franchises

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franchise I would avoid it like the plague. I did one in a previous life so to speak when I packed it in they did me out of 10k you will be working to keep some lazy bum on there bum. Steps is the one to talk to about PV as who he works for are quite into it.

Franchises in solar will be the next big thing, no doubt, as people will jump in rather than go through the pain of gaining Mcs accreditation on their own, if your serious about solar,invest the time money and effort into yourself rather than a franchise, franchises are designed to benefit the the people in the offices rather than the guy doing the real work ... Stay away IMO

Ste

franchises for solar IMO will be for the rent-a-roof guys

steer clear would be my opinion.

yes, we have done a few rent a roofs,

and,

sub out most of the work,

the guys have to work like dogs down a mine to make it worth their while, its simply NOT worth it.

we do try to keep away from it, but when it comes our way then work is work.

If you do get qualified it's probably worth staying away from sales companies aswell. Have been contacted by 2 such firms who want to use my registration for their benefit. Have a look at Which on-line site. Ther's a lovely video of 'ex-double glazing' (apologies to the genuine double glazing people) guys doing there bit to put people off having PV installed

How to buy solar photovoltaics - How to buy solar panels - Energy - Which? Environment & saving energy

If you are a decent bloke, staying away from this sort of rogue is probably a good idea.

I was part of a franchise in a previous life, and that was a good one which won awards. Franchises seem great when you're entering a business about which you know nothing as they basically hold your hand. However, after a few years, when you know your stuff they become like a leach bleeding away your profits. It can be argued that if it weren't for the franchisor you wouldn't now be in this business but from my experience the period of benefit (say 3 - 5 years in the business I had) was more than out weighed by the term of the franchise, 20 years. My percentage franchise fee was greater than my net profit. I'm a sole trader and I've waded through the MCS mire and, crikey, if I can do it the Tetley chimps can (oh as long as they can lay their paws on a few

Latest posts