Solis RHI-(3-6)K-48ES-5G Backup Power

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creakyride

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Can someone give me some information on emergency power backup AC and or DC. For the Solis RHI-(3-6)K-48ES-5G hybrid inverter?

The PDF Datasheet shows two entries, "Output AC (Back-up)" as well as "Output AC (grid)".

Would this mean that in the event. Of a grid power outage, the inverter would utilise the PV and or the Battery system as an emergency power supply?

Would it need additional setup and equipment (and cost)?

Thanks in advance.

Basically I would like to have a double (backup only) socket so in an event of a power cut, I would be able to attach an extension lead and run some lights, a small electric heater if needed, and a TV... Or just the microwave. The battery will be an Foxess LV5200.

Thanks for the reply @johnb2713, I was hoping this was the case.

Hopefully the installer will put the double socket on as standard, without any extra cost.

By the way, the rated output wattage for the above-mentioned inverter is 3KW and output current of 13A.

Thanks for the reply @johnb2713, I was hoping this was the case.

Hopefully the installer will put the double socket on as standard, without any extra cost.

By the way, the rated output wattage for the above-mentioned inverter is 3KW and output current of 13A.
Good luck with your installer, hopefully he will sort it for you.

Hi. I have this inverter and wired backup to the boiler so it works in a power cut.

My tip is make sure backup is enabled Advanced Settings \ Storage Energy Settings \ Control Parameter \ Backup Supply - Enable.

It was not enabled on install and it took me a while to suss as the manual does not say much about backup.

Hi. I have this inverter and wired backup to the boiler so it works in a power cut.

My tip is make sure backup is enabled Advanced Settings \ Storage Energy Settings \ Control Parameter \ Backup Supply - Enable.

It was not enabled on install and it took me a while to suss as the manual does not say much about backup.
Sorry... Make me understand this.
Are you saying that it does not need a dedicated socket where I can add appliances to it? That I can use the backup power with all the house electricals?

I just wired the backup terminal to a socket like this and plugged the boiler into it.

My post was to ensure you enable the backup supply in the inverter menus as it wasn't enabled out of the box.

Ok, I get it.
Thanks for your input and the link to the double socket with the RCD protection. This info, including the inverter settings will help me with communication with the installer.