Some one needs a slap...(Venting Time)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does everybody want to go to NICEIC in the first instant ?????

Zee there is more than one waty to skin a cat

As Spesh has said.....

do the board change provide EIC dont bother going through LABC

Make up a job that is to come of the board the following week ie work in progress

Elecsa will except this do the job then notify it

Each scam has its own rules

why not phone the scams up find out what they say

Zee,

I had my first assessment with Napit about a year and a half ago, not too far from you. I was living in Sheffield at the time. I did a rewire for a friends parents in Gleadless. I didn't notify anything, simply spoke to the assessor who'll probably be the same for your area. he said to notify the job when i passed. May not be the 100% correct way to do it, but if you save your money and get registered who cares?

Look there is a way round this and it is legit, see Specs post, also, you could do a couple of commercial jobs, a couple of non notifiable domestic jobs and say a domestic PIR.

Tha way the assessor has a few to choose from, always assuming the assessor can choose?

I know my AE chose the jobs he went to and still does.

Though I tend to steer him to the ones I have problems with for his advice/input.

I think there is a balance between the letter of the law and the spirit and intention of the law. To my mind there is a big difference between a builder or DIY doing work they never intend to notify trying to cheat the systems compared with a qualified electrician who has spent their own time and money getting qualifications and paying for membership of a scheme then just delaying notification on a couple of jobs while paperwork is processed so they can self certify. I can't see that the installation is any more dangerous for the customer because of a bit of delay notifying? Has anyone on here actually had to prove an assessment job has been notified?

Doc H.

ANDY, not much use to you maybe, but could you get a registered spark to supervise you, then if it does go belly up he can notify for you?

I have done that for a guy in the past.

or, as has been suggested, some non-notifiable work.?

Unfortunately Steps, I don't know a lot of trustworthy sparks, and the pool of jobs that I have to work with is very small. I have even tried builders in the past, but they have asked if I am Part P registered, which I have said no to (respect to them for asking at the very least).

AndyGuinness

ANDY, not much use to you maybe, but could you get a registered spark to supervise you, then if it does go belly up he can notify for you?I have done that for a guy in the past.

or, as has been suggested, some non-notifiable work.?
if it does go 'belly up', then its obviously not to 7671, and he wont be able to notify either.

for mine, i notified the job once assessment was passed (it was a re-wire in a refurb, so i could have used LABC if required)

Some councils run competence schemes, which are free, though to gain access certain qualifications are required.

Then the only fee would be administrative, this may be a cheaper way. I think about

I had this dilemma a few months back, wanted to go NICEIC but they insisted on labc being notified, would have cost me

Gordy,, I discusse this with my AC assessor the other day and he was in total agreement with you.

Notify them that you are doing specified jobs for an assessment with a given timescale but don't pay the fee, if you pass then notify through your scheme, if you fail you have to fix problems and pay either for reassessment or pay for prospective planning permission...

Thinking on that, even if they took credit card details with the notifications but didn't take any payment?

I didn't pay labc costs just notified the job once passed. Elecsa are ok with this mate
If you are being assessed by a scam then it's not as if you are doing a job without notifying it after all you are already paying out a large chunk of your hard earned to do this and you don't need the additional LABC charges on this too.You are trying to earn a living and not sitting on your backside expecting to be kept by society. Rant over

I passed my assessment with ELECSA on the 6th May. I notified the work after the assessment. The Technical Assessor looked for compliance with the requirements for scheme membership. I reasoned that policing compliance with LABC requirements for non Part P Approved Contractors is not part of their remit.

Two tips. Make sure the date on your EIC is within the last 2 weeks i.e complete your work when you know your assessment date. This gives you time to notify your work within 30 days once you pass. With ELECSA if you don

Latest posts