Sourcing Old Style Mcb's For Panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot light

Reaction score
Hello

We commonly have to locate old style MCB breakers for panels such as MEM1, Crabtree, Square D and others. Couple of people in the past have mentioned dedicated internet suppliers of used old breakers? Has anyone used a supplier and has the costs been reasonable?

Thank you for your time and response.

The problem with all rare things is that their price increases with their rareity..

Unfortunately if you need a particular piece of switch gear and its not readily available then you have to pay what the seller is demanding or figure out a different way of doing what you want to do,,, that could include replacing the complete switch gear assembly

Hello Seaman Stains and Distinguished member

This is very helpful and yes trully understand costs for older times would indeed be alot higher. I viewed the website link how fantastic and spotred Dorman Smith another brand we struggle to get breakers for.

Thank you once again

spot light,

Dorman Smith are still going, I have installed their panel boards within the last 18 months, and again a couple of years prior.

I knew the local rep, he was very helpful, however, he has now left Dorman, and taken a couple of client & supplier loyalties with him! ;)

Dorman Smith Switchgear: http://www.dormansmithswitchgear.com/

Hi Spotty , you could also try this one for old & used MCBs etc.  As said , price goes up with the rarity .

I don't have a web address,  they're called Current  just phone .    0121 328 3343      Fax  0121 328 5008

By the way.

The posters name is in the blue bar, above the note on their picture.

e.g. I am KME; not fridge keyholder ;) ( although I am that too, else you`d never get any sense out of this lot :slap )

spot light,

Dorman Smith are still going, I have installed their panel boards within the last 18 months, and again a couple of years prior.

I knew the local rep, he was very helpful, however, he has now left Dorman, and taken a couple of client & supplier loyalties with him! ;)

Dorman Smith Switchgear: http://www.dormansmithswitchgear.com/
Thank you Sidewinder we had been struggling to find the older commercial panel MCB I was not aware they were still going great news thank you

By the way.

The posters name is in the blue bar, above the note on their picture.

e.g. I am KME; not fridge keyholder ;) ( although I am that too, else you`d never get any sense out of this lot :slap )
OH! Does that mean.....? Oh dear Ive been insulting people already! Just "spotted" the names I am so sorry everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.