sparks and motorbikes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need to do the circuits in england to get my national licence, prob do a few roads in N,Ireland too, then apply for my mountain licence to do the MGP.

been years since I raced so have to start at the very bottom again :(

we can just squeeze 2 laps out of a tank (15L) on the 400, (about one litre left!) at race pace.

the bigger bikes, 750s, use about 20litres for 2 laps, we had a couple of guys running out at hillberry(about 2mile short) during practice and had to get the tanks blew out for another couple of litres over standard.

I lived on the island for a few years, was ace having the worlds best race course in your back yard. :D :D

A friend of mine goes to skerries instead of the IOM and he loves it.

Proddy racing eh! don't you have to be young and fearless to do that.

The one thing I regret is not trying my hand at racing( and missing the Britten at the iom)

small world....

i used to have a cbx from 97-05....hows mel doing these days?

by the way got a 1500 wing these daysApplaud Smiley

Yep 40+, had RD250LC, RGV250, 3 gixer750's, ZX9, Ninja 636, now got Z1000,

but i do fancy new R1.

A friend of mine goes to SCARY skerries instead of the IOM and he loves it.Proddy racing eh! don't you have to be young and fearless to do that.

The one thing I regret is not trying my hand at racing( and missing the Britten at the iom)
Skerries, one of the maddest races in Ireland, and there are a few, tho the elfinsafety brigade have hammered a lot of them, I grew up about a mile away from the mid Antrim 150.

did you see the film about the Britten, its really good, Im sure I have a pic of it somewhere.

tho for me the best note/noise/image was the 588 Norton on the overrun(does a rotary overrun?) down into the metropole at the NW200 with flames spitting 3' out the back, sounded like thunder and made the ducati's sound like mopeds. :D

as for regreting not racing, just get out there and do it, it can be done cheapish, and as long as you dont try the 600s (AXE MURDERERS CLASS) then you dont have to be fearless(or young! ; \ )

ps, the F1 Norton hit over 200mph through the speedtrap at the NW in the early nineties. Applaud Smiley

I like how they classed the nortons as 600cc........ cheating? wish a conventional 600 roadbike would perform like that. I seem to remember seeing one of the JPS nortons perform at Scarborough.

I think my favorite was Marco Lucchinelli at donnington on a ducati 851 then when it broke down they blamed the aeroplanes taking off from East midlands Typical italian's.

Hi

Yes the wrong side of 40 but still have my GSXR750 K4 which is currently in track bike trim.

Roll on summer

Hi guys. Just joined the forum so this seems a good place to introduce myself. I've recently got back into the trade after a few years in the electronics industry, and yep I have got a bike. I love 'em, always have and always will. Dunno about the 'born again' thing tho. Had a few bikes since I was 17 ( 47 now ) been riding the same Triumph Sprint for the past 10 years and still never tire of it.

If only you could say that about women eh? ;)

Latest posts