Spiders on CCTV cameras

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauld

Reaction score
Has any one got any tips to stop spiders spinning webs over CCTV cameras. Keeps causing motion detection to trigger, apart from turning motion detection of I'm lost for ideas. :C

We have the same problem we have 60 cameras over 6 sites and always get false alarms from spiders.

We now have them cleaned bi-weekly

It's the ir that attracts apparently, try a few different cameras without

Thanks for the replies, I'll give the vaseline a try, had read about the IR have suggested separate lights.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies, I'll give the vaseline a try, had read about the IR have suggested separate lights. Cheers
I would have gone with post 6 advice!!

wing mirrors on my van are plagued,

will try vaseline until some of the aerosol arrives,

Ive tried loads of stuff, and TBH I think most of what Ive tried have made them worse,! :|

Lemon Pledge is supposed to work as apparently they don't like lemon!

My missus has always been into aromatherapy and all that sh!t (a witch I'm pretty sure) If you want to go "natural", and no doubt a few customers will be eco aware then Google "essential oil spider repellent" and you'll come up with loads of ideas:

Google

Of course, if it DOESN'T work and the customer can't identify the burglar as the camera lens was obscured then you'll at least be remembered as smelling nice! :)

Got to get some of that spray

Lincoln_Camera02_20121012195842_145919123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: