Spot the fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DSCF6422.jpg

N going into Earth Terminal and CPC going into one of the live conductor terminals, Oh and no Sleeving on the CPC!

How about using none harmonised cable.
the kitchen was wired around 10 years ago. so correct colour at the time

cooker was changed a few years ago (by someone who should have go it right!)

i changed CU, all looking OK, all IR good. switched on cooker, it tripped. few tests at the board and had 11 ohm L-E, but nothing L-N. thought N-E mix up, pulled cooker out and it was

double oven aswell. fortunately, so sign of thermal damage to the cable from the full current going through the smaller earth

Cable clamp is not on the sheath it is clamping the inner cores, Bare copper on the cores outside of the terminal, terminal screws missing,

Back of the cooker NOT polished enough.....should be able to see your face in the silvery bit!!! :^O :red card

]:)
i dulled the shine a bit - did you really want me in the reflection?! (and i didnt want to look like a facebook kid that can only take a pic by looking in the mirror whilst holding the camera)

Yes its not good enough, although I can see the earth plate screwed to the casing and I can see the earth symbol for the bottom terminal , I must say that the N symbol for terminal 5 could and did cause confusion to the untrained eye .

Yes its not good enough, although I can see the earth plate screwed to the casing and I can see the earth symbol for the bottom terminal , I must say that the N symbol for terminal 5 could and did cause confusion to the untrained eye .
i noticed the same thing Deke. N connection isnt very clear, but the E & L are

The terminal marking does leave a LOT to be desired IMHO!

To mark a terminal with the N symbol and have nothing there to connect to is not very good!

I can see why there was a mistake.

However, this should have been picked up by the installer, but I am convinced that the bad design was a contributing factor.

I seem to be seeing alot of n-e reversed recently
So do I.

I PIR'd a 10 year old industrial building on Monday and found a N-E reversed on a light fitting. Obviously missed on original testing, and I'm probably the first one to do a PIR on the building.

Latest posts