Spray booth fan no earth

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richie_rs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just bought an axial fan for my spray booth.
2 things one it has no earth second it has a power dial that works sometimes if you give the cable a waggle.

I’m wondering if no earth is ok because I really cbh to send it back but will if it’s dangerous.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
The fact that wiggling the cable interrupts the power doesn't bode well. The way the wires are exposed and not supported from those connections along with some kind of sealant at the regulation switch entry is poor. Looks like Chinese junk, I would be sending it back.
Edit: Quick glance initially didn't realise the terminal box has been taken apart.

Last edited:
Just noticed there are two earths not connected and I agree they look somewhat suspect.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will just be sending it back. I did pay quite abit for it to try and get a better product but it is chinese trash.
The spray booth is just a shed ive converted to do the odd bit of spraying.

The wiring is sketchy but I just wanted to make sure.
Cheers 👍

As said be very careful, don’t know if it’s the same but when spraying conformal coating there were a lot of safe guards including water curtains…. Did you ever do the custard powder in a tin experiment in science at school? 💥🤯💥🤯💥

Regulator only specified for 220V Admittedly it wont fail at 221 V but indicates that no thought given to UK /EU regulations

I love the use of screwits, not seen them for a long time.
Fun fact ( but in these PC times some twinkle won’t like it, I don’t care, deal with it)
Screwit was the brand name, they made two sizes
Small………stamped MIDGET
Large………stamped NORMAL

Just saying