Square D style distribution board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruzzeii

KippeR
Reaction score
hello im new here, does anyone know if there's a another make or model MCB out there that fits a Square D panel as im in need of a C type or D 100A 3 pole MCB that would fit it but seems Schneider only go up to 63A from what i can see

100A MCBs are usually only available for 250A distribution boards and are wider than standard MCBs. So if you have a 100/125A DB then it will only go up to 63A. 

Last edited by a moderator:
you probably wont find one because most MCB's only go to 63a... schneider is the only alternative to square d anyway since they took them over.

hager do some larger capacity mcb's, but they are physically bigger so wouldnt fit a normal board anyway by the look of them

Essex 1, yes its a 250A board, but not sure if Schneider go higher than 63A which is pain in the ass if im honest cos im limited for space in the switch room

@Andy :  yes it seems it is only Schneider that will fit cos like you say they took them over,, last resort i might be able to extend the cable and extend the feed and mount a 100A/125A handle isolator with HBC fuses or make my own up with a metal enclosure and 100A MCB on a standard din rail fitting on the oppersite wall to protect the sub main cable 

many thanks Essex 1 m8

What are the part numbers of the existing SqD breakers?

It is almost certain that there is a current product that will suit in the Schneider range.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

What are the part numbers of the existing SqD breakers?

It is almost certain that there is a current product that will suit in the Schneider range.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
cheers for the welcome m8,, the part number for the board is: KQ250B12 so KQ breakers.. not to worry tho my friend as i have managed to sort it and ordered it today, got me a 100A C type triple pole to go in there, 2 in the whole country, price: £160.,  i thought i was gonna have to do loads of alterations so thankfully that's saved that time and cost..

i had another problem tho and that was a Crabtree Polestar Panel , i knew when i saw it chances of getting any MCB for it would be slim, i needed a 32A C type triple pole MCB for it, turns out there's only 1 left in the country and after that they won't be making anymore, price: £150.. a 20A triple pole was a £160 but but i already have two of them not in use which i need for two 16A supplies and i have a couple of 32A single pole RCBO's also not in use which im able to use for a new ring circuit,, can you imagine what a RCBO would cost for it haha, i didn't ask but i should of, if there is one its gotta be nearing £250 at least