Starting Self Employment/ Business Plan

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im going to start self employment soon once ive completed the 2391 and am approaching the Princes Trust for business start up help / loan.

Im trying to put together a business plan ready for a meeting I have with them next week but have looked through the forum and searched on the internet but am not finding much.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Thanks for the help so far everyone. Ive drawn up a business plan and would like to see what other people think but i dont really want to post it in case it gets ripped apart by everyone. Anyone want to help me out I could PM it to you?

I haven't a clue how to present a business plan , is it to obtain a loan ?

Can I ask if you have any jobs lined up and if you have any contacts, like builders or local businesses , or are you considering subbying to someone else.

Do you really need a loan , a one man band has fairly low overheads after all.

Deke

m4tty

Could you provide a real email address and I will email you a copy of my business plan that I prepared 6 years ago when I started up on my own.

I haven't a clue how to present a business plan , is it to obtain a loan ?Can I ask if you have any jobs lined up and if you have any contacts, like builders or local businesses , or are you considering subbying to someone else.

Do you really need a loan , a one man band has fairly low overheads after all.

Deke
It is to obtain a loan but from The Princes Trust as a business start up. Me and the Mrs are on tax credits atm as she's working part time in a damentia home whilst I look after the 3 kids. Shes working until ive finished my course that ive been doing for past 13 months and I can start working (she can look after the kids). So im getting support from the Princes Trust as im 30 in August (they help people aged 18-30). Ive got Mortgage to pay aswell as the rest of the bills.

My dads been a builder all his life so ive got a few contacts lined up once im registered.

I have no choice but to get a loan as i need a cheap van, insurance, etc. The reason why im trying the Princes Trust as im looking for hopefully no interest/very low interest and also they do support for business start ups etc.

Ive got a MFT1552 tester and most power tools as ive done Bathroom fitting/Kitchen fitting/Painting & Decorating but ill buy as i go along. I know its not the best time to start up either as so many people are out of work but the Princes Trust deal runs out for me soon and the Mrs has had enough at the Care home plus looking after the kids (18mnth/5 & 9 Year olds) is a womans job lol especially dirty nappies !!! hard hat ready

OK Matty , thats a fuller picture now. I'm sure it must be hard trying to get a job these days, but if we are coming out of the recession now perhaps it is a good time for you to become self employed if you can get through this difficult period.

Deke

Rather than a loan from the PT, do you not get grants. I was offered a grant of

Thanks for the help so far everyone. Ive drawn up a business plan and would like to see what other people think but i dont really want to post it in case it gets ripped apart by everyone. Anyone want to help me out I could PM it to you?
Mat,

You won't get it ripped apart!

Posting it would be the best way of getting as many people to see it as possible.

We will be nice!

Latest posts