Stiebel Eltron WPF 7S ground source heat pump

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know these or have a technical manual or schematic?

Basically the compressor is not turning on. The icon on the display panel says the compressor is running, but it isn't

As far as I can see the compressor is controlled by a combination of an Emerson ESC-255 Smart starter and a contactor.

The "on" input to the smart starter unit is low (i.e 0V) I need to trace through and find out why, pretty impossible without a schematic.

I've emailed the company but don't hold out much hope. I looked at registering with their site to get access to the technical documents, but they need a "customer number" for that which I don't have.

Very frustrating when manufacturers make it hard for guys like me to get the service info to fix a fault.

I take it all back.

the manufacturer was very helpful, they emailed me the installation manual that had all the circuit diagrams etc.

In the end, it was very simple. The thing had logged a fault and tripped out. It just needed a reset in the "hidden" installer menu.

Like modern cars. Too sophisticated for their own good sometimes.