Storage Radiator Not Working.....any Help Much Appreciated.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really not my day!! now its saying the files are to big!! and I have tried the advanced uploader......don't think I will bother checking last nights lottery ticket.. :)

Maybe?? this is on the underside of the top and to the left as you look at the SR

this section is down the bottom on the right as you look at it......(Right hand pic)

fire 005.jpg

fire 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
doesnt look like either of them, but pics are not very clear
I have had to change the pic size so I can post them.....I appreciate they are not to clear, but I don't think they are like the ones you have shown me :(

Take photo where the Input and Output knobs are.
Input and output knobs? sorry Andy there are no knobs to adjust the controls there is a press pad which the red lights go up or down as the case maybe, I will take a few more pics and post now .....

The DuoHeat storage heater does have a manual reset as stated in the installation guide, however I have not worked on this model so cannot help
ok mate cant thank you enough for all your time and help, many thanks steve

This is a clearer pic of the one steve said might be it on the inside of the front cover

This is a clearer pic of the inside of the removed front cover which steve said might be it?

If anyone has any ideas or has worked on the Dimplex duo 300i it is about 8 years old, no more, I will try and put up a few more pics just in case.

Again many thanks to all who have tried to help :)

Tony

FIRE PICS 004.jpg

post 30/32 are the cutouts. if you have a ,ultimeter it will tell you which one, or both, is tripped. cant see a re-set though. may be on the other side of it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only installed a duo heat once.

It's a more sophisticated thing than a normal storage heater. It has some fancy electronics that attempts to make it more "controllable". It probably does that by topping up with peak rate electricity when it needs to. So I wonder does it still use the same simple over heat trips that normal, simple storage heaters do?