Storage Radiator Not Working.....any Help Much Appreciated.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did it click when pressed? it would only do that first time, and it doesnt take much at all to re-set it. you can check with a multimeter to see if it has been reset

post 30/32 are the cutouts. if you have a ,ultimeter it will tell you which one, or both, is tripped. cant see a re-set though. may be on the other side of it
1 pic is from the top of the SR on the left hand side, the other one is from the inside bottom of the front cover, there is power going through the front panel casing one as I have used a tester screwdriver, but as far as the one on the top left of the main body (which I think is the economy 7 side) there is no power, this is also the one that has the little black button which wont press or twist etc etc.

I do think this is the thermostat cut out but what has to be done god only knows!!!

There is a thread on the forum for a DuoHeat 400i, same issues and photo's, have a look it may help.
I will try and find it now, thanks.

Those are the thermal cut outs that have failed on many storage heaters I have been to, The repair kit supplied as shown in an earlier post is the newer type to replace the two disc type. If you take a good look at the ones you have you will probably find the connections have burnt out at the solder points.

1 pic is from the top of the SR on the left hand side, the other one is from the inside bottom of the front cover, there is power going through the front panel casing one as I have used a tester screwdriver, but as far as the one on the top left of the main body (which I think is the economy 7 side) there is no power, this is also the one that has the little black button which wont press or twist etc etc.

I do think this is the thermostat cut out but what has to be done god only knows!!!

I will try and find it now, thanks.

like i said, it doesnt take much to re-set. if you just jump in pressing things, you may not have noticed if you have re-set it or not

or it could be dead and need replaced

Last edited by a moderator:
Post 32

one of those usually has a little reset button between the two terminals, give it a gentle push and see if it clicks.

the other is an overheat stat which is usually a non resettable item

just fuffing about on a sunday
That's the one which is situated on the inside of the front cover, this does have power going through it but the cable seems to come from the 24/7 side of it, I cant see anything like a button or anything that can be pressed etc.

Canoeboy said:
From the photos they don't look like they have a little button reset so could be auto reset devices - If they are auto reset then one could be duff and have gone open circuit
Don't know what open circuit means sorry :)   this issue has been on going for quite some time it has taken me a while to get round to dealing with it, basically cos the weather has changed! lol

That's the one which is situated on the inside of the front cover, this does have power going through it but the cable seems to come from the 24/7 side of it, I cant see anything like a button or anything that can be pressed etc.

Don't know what open circuit means sorry :)   this issue has been on going for quite some time it has taken me a while to get round to dealing with it, basically cos the weather has changed! lol
probably time to call an electrician

like i said, it doesnt take much to re-set. if you just jump in pressing things, you may not have noticed if you have re-set it or not

or it could be dead and need replaced
I don't think that is the case in all fairness but I will go back and check again, if anything is dead and needs replacing god knows what I will do! lol

Thanks will look now ........I have taken a few more pics but basically they are only of the same stuff I have already put on here.

http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/16792-dimplex-duoheat-duo400i-storage-heater-diagnosing-fault/#

That pic is identical to the parts located in the top left of my Duo 300i in fact all the pics from that thread are the same as mine.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/hitony1/media/FIREPICS5001_zps44a5fba5.jpg.html?filters[media_type]=image&sort=3&o=0

Last edited by a moderator: