storgage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
how long would you say it would take to install a storage heater. it is a straight forward replacement, but not like for like model wise etc...

that would depend. Is there an existing point? what is the wall made of, how big is the heater. I would be able to install an average heater on a brick wall to an existing point in less than an hr myself.

assumption made that its ground floor and van parked outside. My brother did a storage heater job in south stack lighthouse which has 410 steps leading down the cliffs then a footbridge on to the island. Thankfully the heaters and bricks were dropped off by helicopter but he had to carry his tools down the steps and back up again!

At least three hours I would have said for a straight forward one. You might get it done quicker but it can be messy I tend to sheet up the route of the house incase a brick crumbles on the walk which can be a PITA to clear up. Leave the heater for the customer to get rid of.

We do em all day every day for the council and an hour for one is about right. I take it you're changing make/model and bricks, and have checked the azzy list?

But I would charge three hours in any case. If you went around doing jobs like that and charged one hour per time you would have a hard time earning enough to live around here!

I am recalling when I used to work for MANWEB and although they charged a fixed amount we were usually in and out in an hr. Of course contractors have to allow for picking up from wholesalers, dumping old heaters etc and paperwork so yes probably 3hrs is a good figure ;)

assumption made that its ground floor and van parked outside. My brother did a storage heater job in south stack lighthouse which has 410 steps leading down the cliffs then a footbridge on to the island. Thankfully the heaters and bricks were dropped off by helicopter but he had to carry his tools down the steps and back up again!
some people i used to work with unloaded the van full of heater and bricks, got them to something like the 8th floor of the block of flats, knocked on the door and.....

.... had to carry everything back down, accross the road into the correct building, and back up....

glad i wasnt with them that day

done hundreds of 'em,

half an hour if you have someone feeding you materials and shifting old stuff for you,!

as a one off, an hours actual work, = 3 hours charge, unloading/loading etc.