Subcontracting Terms & Conditions.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wozz , The great American folk singer Woody Guthrie ( who inspired Bob Dylan) ended one of his songs thus :- " As through this world I've travelled ,

I've met many crooked men,

Some will rob you with a sixgun ,

And some with a fountain pen " Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley
i like

If they want the liability insured it will cost them extra. The rate they proposed was not inclusive of liability cover. I agree to provide labour, personal transport and basic tooling only. 1M cover works out at about 50 quid for the year so if they want it, i think 50+15% sounds fair.

I got to make a living too!

Wozz , The great American folk singer Woody Guthrie ( who inspired Bob Dylan) ended one of his songs thus :- " As through this world I've travelled ,

I've met many crooked men,

Some will rob you with a sixgun ,

And some with a fountain pen " Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley
no robbing taking place, everyone else signed them, i left on good terms before i signed.

i was under the impression as a subby you would have to have to have your own public liability as you are not covered by anyone else's?

i was under the impression as a subby you would have to have to have your own public liability as you are not covered by anyone else's?
correct, although not fair the systems states if your self employed and there is a problem you are liable just like if you work for someone they are liable for an error you make as your employed by them.

the wage does not matter you could be on 10p a day, the fact is you are self employed and as being so you are liable...

if you sign the disclaimer or not you are still self employed, if you leave a drill in an alley way and someone trips on it you are at fault.

hense public liability..

this is really simple and no matter how much you say money is crap or dont agree,

this is life.

correct, although not fair the systems states if your self employed and there is a problem you are liable just like if you work for someone they are liable for an error you make as your employed by them.the wage does not matter you could be on 10p a day, the fact is you are self employed and as being so you are liable...

if you sign the disclaimer or not you are still self employed, if you leave a drill in an alley way and someone trips on it you are at fault.

hense public liability..

this is really simple and no matter how much you say money is crap or dont agree,

this is life.
spot on^. to add public liability is cheap so get some ;)

What a load of political bull****, If your working directly under their supervision, then its their issue. Then again big business likes to make the little guys take the fall for their short comings all the time.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?r.l1=1073858787&r.l3=1074450367&r.lc=en&r.t=RESOURCES&type=RESOURCES&itemId=1074453484&r.i=1074453221&r.l2=1079568262&r.s=sc

Now to me i am not working on the main contractors premises the buildings are owned by the council. If they want cover they can bloody well pay for it. Maybe id have been better off taking that warehouse job earlier in the week.

Also of they want to play games, i want to see the site risk assessment and H&S rules and procedures enforced without question.

your still self employed and now you mention it .. you should have a health and safety policy too.. !!!!

lol it gets worse sorry . :(

I have one, shame the rest of the site can do as they please(no PPE, messing around etc etc)

What a load of political bull****, If your working directly under their supervision, then its their issue. Then again big business likes to make the little guys take the fall for their short comings all the time.http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?r.l1=1073858787&r.l3=1074450367&r.lc=en&r.t=RESOURCES&type=RESOURCES&itemId=1074453484&r.i=1074453221&r.l2=1079568262&r.s=sc

Now to me i am not working on the main contractors premises the buildings are owned by the council. If they want cover they can bloody well pay for it. Maybe id have been better off taking that warehouse job earlier in the week.

Also of they want to play games, i want to see the site risk assessment and H&S rules and procedures enforced without question.
i know where your coming from but its not the way to "get on" as its a pecking order thing. i.e they can break rules but you must obey type of thing.

if you want some really good back door info give me a pm i will sort you out

i agree with having liability insurance but i dont see what it has to do with rectifying any possible faults/oversites etc with your work.

your working for them getting an hourly wage as said before. if they subbed a particular job to you then i think it would be different.

lets say they subb all the data install to you, you give them a price for the work to be done and then install 50 cat5 modules when they should be cat6. fair enough you pay for all new modules and put it right, the quicker you do it the less profit you've lost.

however if your working for a wage, your foreman tells you to put cat5 modules in and then when the fluff up becomes apparent he denies it, are you expected to work for free until you change them all to cat6? i dont bloody think so!