Suggestions please!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer can refuse SPD no problem..... you could Glue a small magnet on the CU flap if you did rotate the CU 90degs. I did fit one hager 90 deg's due to space and the lid closed !! You could fit it slightly proud of the wall at the bottom....worked for me.

Not that I've fitted any yet, but what's the issue with Fusebox AFDDs ?

Lamplec do good deals on boards and breakers have a look at them.

Plus expert electrical one of the forums sponsors stock them and I'm not sure if there's a forum discount code ???? If not there's always YouTubes favourite electricians discount code.

Also check with manufacturer that sideways mounting is OK as it MAY not operate as supposed to and YOU will be liable for not following manufacturer instructions in the event of being sat in court in front of the person with the robes and funny wig !

Not that I've fitted any yet, but what's the issue with Fusebox AFDDs ?

Lamplec do good deals on boards and breakers have a look at them.

Plus expert electrical one of the forums sponsors stock them and I'm not sure if there's a forum discount code ???? If not there's always YouTubes favourite electricians discount code.
Internal latent defect that starts by causing genuine nuisance tripping and then the device trips and won’t reset to re-energise the circuit.
Fusebox are admitting the issue but keeping it under wraps, and not being open enough about the situation.
They also demand return via supplier on their normal faulty equipment route and there are none available.
I have been waiting over a month now for a replacement.
Luckily we could piggyback the faulty circuit onto another breaker.

Also check with manufacturer that sideways mounting is OK as it MAY not operate as supposed to and YOU will be liable for not following manufacturer instructions in the event of being sat in court in front of the person with the robes and funny wig !
Well the RCDs and an MCB worked when tested but it is a valid point Mort2376

It's more about covering your own back. I've fitted loads of boards sideways and tested and all OK, but it was only when someone else asked NAPIT that question and that was their response.

I wouldn't want any genuine electrician on here working as they have always done with full insurance and registration, to come a cropper by red tape. We all have insurance, but at the first sign that we potentially did something wrong the insurance company will use it as a were not paying clause as they don't want to pay out unless they have to.

Why not configure a three phase board as a single phase one?? [As these run up and down] If yopu could get one in the gap you could have as many ways as you like..

john..
Cost I find is the usual issue. 3 phase boards cost way more that their single phase counterparts.

I priced the last rewire I did as he needed a 3 phase board as they were putting in a large car charger in the future.

It was considerably cheaper to put in a 2 way 3phase and a 21 single phase.

BG units worth a look, fitted a few recently and pretty sure the 8 way would fit in the dimensions quoted, also their RCBO's are only the size of an MCB and quite nice boards to fit. Have you considered talking the customer into getting a bigger cupboard?

I'll have to start using those, fecking fall down flaps get on my perverbals
A magnet works wonders. Got a pack of 10 with hooks on them for a few quid, great when labeling up boards, fault finding etc.

I have doubts it would comply with any of the relevant standards as the cover would not fall closed as it is designed to and therefore compromise the fire safety element
well that's pretty much every 3 phase board screwed, there pretty much all side hinged...

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts