Sumvision Mkv 2 Media Player

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Sumvision MKV 2 Media Player linked via HDMI to the main TV in the lounge. It's "fed" via from a 1TB Samsung HDD in a standalone enclosure.

Now then the HDD is stacked with (legitimately ripped of course) films in various formats from MP4 to AVI and MKV. There really is an A - Z on there quite literally from Avatar to Zorro. I recently added more films from a laptop I was redoing as a Zorin (Ubuntu) machine. All the files copied across fine. I've used about 650GB out of the 1TB on the HDD. However when I now plug the HDD into the media player I don't see any films past "S" so all the Scooby Doo films are there but then Super 8 through to Wreck It Ralph are just not showing up...........weird.

However, if I plug the same HDD into the Blu Ray player I can see/play all the films. Ditto if I plug the HDD into any of the Zorin or Windows pcs.

Any ideas? I have btw upgraded the media player's firmware to the Mvix one but I did that years back.

What's the procedure for disk checking in Ubuntu anyone?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
What fformat is the HDD,? 

ie, FAT16/32 or ext3/4 , FAT can sometimes only see a certain size at a time in one block/file size, you may need to add extra folders,

ie, either alphabet or genre to split them into recognisable chunks. 

What fformat is the HDD,? 

ie, FAT16/32 or ext3/4 , FAT can sometimes only see a certain size at a time in one block/file size, you may need to add extra folders,

ie, either alphabet or genre to split them into recognisable chunks. 
The 1TB is formatted NTFS as there's some real big hi-res MKV's on there circa 10GB. I'll try extra folders. At the mo it's sort of Pictures, Music & Films then in Films it's Kids Films/Adults Films/Home Movies. I guess all the Barbie and Scooby Doo stuff could have their own folders! Cheers.

(NO! Not that sort of Adult!)  :lol:

Latest posts