Switchover switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to wire two appliances that can only be used 1 at a time, to do this I have decided to use a simple 2 way switch.

Do you think this will work?

325px-SPDT-Switch_svg.png

I have to wire two appliances that can only be used 1 at a time, to do this I have decided to use a simple 2 way switch.Do you think this will work?
will work fine. if you want DP or ability to turn both off, then a switch as M107 has linked to would be better

Cheers for the replies, having one appliance on all the time is not an issue as they have seperate switches, its just to prevent both being switched on at the same time.

They are x-ray machines.

GH,

I personally would still go for the 3 pos'n switch, just personal though.

One, none or the other seems best to me!

(Having worked in a den**** practice!)

Paul

We did a 60A , T/Phase version of what you propose, to power two large air compressors, one is on standby. They had a quote from someone else who priced for installing a second 25mm X 4 SWA from miles away .

We undercut them by using a large steel enclosure with a 100A, TP rotary switch ,to be used off load but with the original supply cable.

We did a 60A , T/Phase version of what you propose, to power two large air compressors, one is on standby. They had a quote from someone else who priced for installing a second 25mm X 4 SWA from miles away . We undercut them by using a large steel enclosure with a 100A, TP rotary switch ,to be used off load but with the original supply cable.
could also be done by contactors for switching on-load (just incase)

I think your right Sidewinder, its what I was looking for at the time. You have to see this install to believe it! I have remote switching, hand held dimming and the latest LED lighting, in fact for the surgeries there is not a light switch to be found. The first 30 minutes of any consultation would be to show people what the lighting can do :)

The orthodontist is a really nice man, he has become a friend more than anything and a real lover of gadgets.

When I finish his surgery he wants me to rewire his house and did not take no for an answer.

Latest posts