Sy Cable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the solution Wiska showed at Elex for sy glands was very good, must find a supplier so i can put them to the test.
EWS...

One of the main reasons for this forum is to give advice when possible. Learning is an admittance of ignorance, and it would pay dividends if all members remember that we all have something to learn.

For instance I could run rings around someone like say Sidewinder on medical installations, but he would bury me in a bog with his knowledge of machines and standards.

I do apologise for using you as an example Sidewinder, but based on your outstanding knowledge base, it appeared to be a suitable comparison.

The problem I have found with any short course is the fact that your knowledge base is very limited to passing a pre set exam.

In years gone by we learned how to form metal to provide corners, these can now be bought off the shelf, great if your working day shift and near a supplier, not so great if your working nights and the building has to be operational in the morning.

These basic skills have been lost over the years, and the main reason has been the get rich quick schemes provided by the ill thought out part p scheme.

If I knew everything about the electrical industry I would not be a member of any forum, the fact that I am here is testament to my personal wish to learn.
Well funny you should say that as you know I also do medical stuff.

However, I have just been hit with an install that the local heath board are unsure about and they have come to ME for advice.

So M, watch your PM's.

Sorry all, it is a bit patient specific, and could be traceable, so, it has to be very anonymous.

Patient confidentiality and all that.

Skulduggery I know, but, I have to keep certain standards! ;)  

EWS...

Well funny you should say that as you know I also do medical stuff.

However, I have just been hit with an install that the local heath board are unsure about and they have come to ME for advice.

So M, watch your PM's.

Sorry all, it is a bit patient specific, and could be traceable, so, it has to be very anonymous.

Patient confidentiality and all that.

Skulduggery I know, but, I have to keep certain standards! ;)  
Ill pay EWS a visit soon as i dig myself out from under this mountain of LED downlights!

16 or there abouts to sort out Monday after the restaurant is done with brekkie.

Voltz has been a great help this weekend

Good, glad to hear it, did not think of him originally as he is normally busy during the week! ;)

Lamp changing is right up his street though!