Shower Pump Outside Of A Wet Zone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrya

Reaction score
Hi,

Some time ago my brother installed a shower pump in his airing cupboard, spurred from the immersion circuit (via a 3A fused switched spur). He is now selling the property and the solicitor is asking for a building regs certificate for the shower pump installation.

Is the installation of a shower pump outside of a wet zone notifiable? Would it be covered by any other building regs (ok I know its an electricians forum). My assumptions are that an airing cupboard is not a wet zone, and that the solicitor is in fact referring to Part P.

Is this the solicitor trying to be extra diligent? I'd expect it if the pump had been installed under the bath or somewhere else inside the bathroom.

Cheers,

Barry.

probably not covered under part P, however it still needs a certificate as required by 7671.

also, water heaters over 15ltr need their own circuit, so the work that has been done is not compliant with 7671

If the airing cupboard is in the bathroom.....

Although it maybe outside of any BS7671 special location zones..

with respect to limiting where 230v and/or SELV equipment may be installed...

It would still come under part P building regualtions..

i.e.

Electrical alterations in a room containing a bath or shower

So you do need a Part P compliance certificate AND a BS7671 certificate.....

IF the airing cupboard is off the landing then the solicitor is talking out of his ar5e!!!!!!

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a long time ago, but since I'm back on the site...

The sale went through with no further fuss, at least my brother didn't mention any more about it after he asked, and I posted.

Don't know who flagged it at the time, could have been the purchaser or surveyor.
The airing cupboard was on the landing, not inside the bathroom.
Access to the pump didn't need any tools. It was inside the airing cupboard, so just needed to open the door.

(Late) thanks for the responses.