Talking CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of talking CCTV Cameras in Town Centres?

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Not sure, suppose its ok as long as it is not missued

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I think they are good in theory, but they do tend to move problems elsewhere. I think that they do make town centre's safer even if it's only directing the police to trouble.

They follow women to taxi ranks etc. They have benifits. Not sure about the talking bit tho....

While on the subject of anti-social behaviour, etc, the town where myself and Mrs Pryo live has a great local newspaper..... (actually, it should be "grating" local paper in this case):

There was a spate of smashing up bus shelters and shop windows about a year back. Within a few weeks, the paper "usefully" printed something to the effect that following the wanton destruction of bus shelters in "HB", the police would be conducting extra patrols over the weekends of "X", "Y" and "Z" dates.... followed by a side-note to the effect that the police were frustrated that of the 5 cameras in the town centre, 3 don't work and the pictures from the other two are so poor as to be un-useable:_|.

If that's not helping the criminals, I don't know what is. The article $%

Unbelievable. Did the editor repsond to your letter, Pyro?