TATTER`S

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAUL M

Reaction score
Hey up lads,the tatter`s around by me must be feeling the pinch,i had a phone call today from some bloke who said he was an art student and he was making a sculpture out of copper wire :^O and would i be kind enough to donate some old cables,so i asked him what college he was studying at and yes you guessed it ,after a brief silence he hung up. :^O isnt life grand.Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

wasn`t you steps ,was it?

No - He just shouts "Rag-o-Bone".

:^O :^O:^O

Hey up lads,the tatter`s around by me must be feeling the pinch,i had a phone call today from some bloke who said he was an art student and he was making a sculpture out of copper wire :^O and would i be kind enough to donate some old cables,so i asked him what college he was studying at and yes you guessed it ,after a brief silence he hung up. :^O isnt life grand.Guiness DrinkGuiness Drinkwasn`t you steps ,was it?
On the topic of scrap, speaking to some bloke the other day who had sky engineer (engineer in the loses way it could be used) fit a new dish - he took the old one down bloke asked if he was okay to take the old one away sky man said no problem mate - later that day the bloke went round the back of his garage and found all the plastic from the old dish - the F***er had stripped it down and left him with a pile of c**p. X(X( X(

nope, wasnt me, promise. Blushing

tho i do have some to weigh in if the price would go up a bit again, its worth nowt at the mo, got some galv too i need to shift, taking up a pile of room in my garage. :(

Just a thought on scrap cable - who on here "recycles" their scrap cable with a local scrap metal company? How much are you getting for it?

nope, wasnt me, promise. Blushingtho i do have some to weigh in if the price would go up a bit again, its worth nowt at the mo, got some galv too i need to shift, taking up a pile of room in my garage. :(
The price allways goes down step`s when xmas is looming,will go up again after crimbo;)Guiness Drink

3.5 a ton
thats not bad at the mo, its way down to 2.60ish a kg round my way, was near 4.50 about 8weeks back.

I dont bother with anything smaller than 6mm TBH usually, tho if im down the garage with nowt to do i have been known to strip 4mm singles on occasion.

Ive got a couple of hundred kg(&more) of galv as well, but no idea of the price of it at the mo, i'll prob just take it to get rid of it.

anyone need any 10mm RSJ hangers or 2 1/2" 8mm U bolts, I got a couple of bags of each, about 15/20kgs a bag and seems a shame to scrap em if someone needs them, brand spankin they are.

Hey up lads,the tatter`s around by me must be feeling the pinch,i had a phone call today from some bloke who said he was an art student and he was making a sculpture out of copper wire :^O and would i be kind enough to donate some old cables,so i asked him what college he was studying at and yes you guessed it ,after a brief silence he hung up. :^O isnt life grand.Guiness DrinkGuiness Drinkwasn`t you steps ,was it?
thats interesting as mom and dad said a couple weeks back now that an art student :| had phoned about using the spare copper from the cable for an art display. something tells me we could have had the same person :| ;)

Now just to throw a pebble in the pool.. ; \

this actually IS the time of year when Art Foundation course student start one of their projects.... and wire sculpture is one of the possible theme's??! :|

Had a guy ring up a couple of years back with the same question..

said I could dig a few bits up for him.. but he never turned up to collect.?

so maybe not Tatters!

How do I know..

My eldest daughter just done her A-levels.. got three A & a place at Bath Uni to study Architecture...

but because she wasn't confident of getting her grades..

she had also enrolled on an Art Foundation course at local college,

Got grades OK.. Deferred Bath for 12months.. started foundation course..

And YES some students ARE commencing wire sculpture as one of their topics.. (But my daughter hasn't selected this option!) :^O

;) ]:)Guiness Drink

You must be proud - them's good grades :) Bath's a lovely city
Chuffed to bloomin bits!!!! :x :x:x

Two very proud parents.. & the grandparents are all well pleased..Applaud Smiley

Just to add during the same 12 month period she also passed Grade 8 Violin & Piano exams....

She actually teaches piano & violin to some younger children..

And as I am complete NON-Musical.. I am just gob-smacked at how well she's done!!

so after a really tough educational year...

This year is a bit of a less-pressure year for her.. Which IS good! :x ; ) :)

Now just to throw a pebble in the pool.. ; \this actually IS the time of year when Art Foundation course student start one of their projects.... and wire sculpture is one of the possible theme's??! :|

Had a guy ring up a couple of years back with the same question..

said I could dig a few bits up for him.. but he never turned up to collect.?

so maybe not Tatters!

Mybe your right,mmm but why did it have to be COPPER wire he was after,:^OGuiness Drink

Mybe your right,mmm but why did it have to be COPPER wire he was after,:^OGuiness Drink
In a similar vein... persons wanting "copper wire"...

Just been out this morning to see a customer about replacing a whole bunch of lights, internal & external...

they also said, oh we need our earth wire fixing... ?:|

had a look outside and the bonding from gas to MET, had been nicked! X(

approx 10m had been cut and pulled from the wall...

Another bit to add to the quote! :D ;)

had a look outside and the bonding from gas to MET, had been nicked! X( approx 10m had been cut and pulled from the wall...Another bit to add to the quote! :D ;)
You could also tell them that if you put in plastic conduit it'll reduce the chance of it happening again! Another bit to add to the quote! :^O