Temporarily switching off PV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Solis hybrid inverter and battery storage. If I want to turn off the PV for a few hours to maximise draw from the grid(Octopus plunge pricing) is it acceptable to just turn off the AC isolator?

Ah - good point, looks like the batteries are connected via an isolator switch directly to the inverter. So, I assume if the Ac isolator is off, the inverter is off and the batteries are no longer being charged, which is OK.

Attachments

• E82BCD27-1E86-4371-BB4B-BAD9EBE1C20C.jpeg
    E82BCD27-1E86-4371-BB4B-BAD9EBE1C20C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I have a Solis hybrid inverter and battery storage. If I want to turn off the PV for a few hours to maximise draw from the grid(Octopus plunge pricing) is it acceptable to just turn off the AC isolator?
It seems an awful lot of trouble to go to just to earn a few pence from Octopus. You must have something in the app that can shut the inverter down?

It seems an awful lot of trouble to go to just to earn a few pence from Octopus. You must have something in the app that can shut the inverter down?
I agree about the worth of doing it, but I am intrigued at the idea and would like to explore it, plus knowing how to safely isolate the solar system temporarily is a bonus for me🙂

Shut down the DC isolator on the bottom if the inverter if you really want to do that.

Can't really see the point in losing PV output.
Thanks Binky - yes I doubt I’ll bother with it in future but would like to see how well it operates in practice first. Can I assume the batteries can be left on then?