test equipment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of buying fluke Robin 1652 any good ?
Yep i've got one, bomb proof and easy to use. No doubt someone will be along to recommend a merger 1552 but I could never get along with them

Yeah used a megger with the work but always used fluke meters at college and when sitting trade test and seemed easy enough

Megger and Fluke seem to be the market leaders (in MFT's anyway). Personally I've got a Megger MFT1502 , I've tried a Fluke but couldn't get on with it.

Whatever meter you decide on give Megger Mark a PM, I think he does deals for forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have got a megga 1553 it's worked fine for about 3 years but last month it stopped testing continuity, so I sent it off for repair

There have been plenty of threads on this i think there even was a poll, Personally I use a Fluke 1652 which has had a few problems over the years but they are good meters. If you do have any problems Megger Mark is a good first port of call he repaired mine last time and don't even remember being charged. Just put business his way and he will look after you.

Speak to one of our forum sponsors M M, he will do a good deal for forum members, he will also spend time to find out which MFT you need, rather than want.

Take a look at the Kewtech KT 65, as for Flukes (have got 1653)there ok but poor on dead tests (no constant testing) and Meggers (have got MFT 1502 plus single units)are expensive for repairs.

At the end of the day it

been looking round at kit, as trainee gotta pick up just about everthing.

had a look at kewtech KT65 and saw Advert for PAT adaptor. apparently MFT can be doubled up to use for PAT work.

Anyone experience with this??? sounds like a way for starter to save quite a bit of brass on startup equipment......or is it a bad idea? :pray

The Pat adaptor is a really usefull little piece of kit as a start up, it will only perform an Earth bond test and an Insulation (via the 13a outlet).

I don't know if you have seen this thread we posted a while ago, it is still current.