Test Instrument Accuracy Recording

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackfrosty

Reaction score
Hi, for my NICEIC assessment shortly i require to keep test instrument accuracy record sheet. My cb300 checkbox didnt come with one and cant seem to find one suitable online to download. Anyone have one they can send me or a link to one? Thanks, Dan.

I think there are some on the NICEIC website....dont recall if they are on the restricted part of the site or not though.....have a look you may be in luck.

a1spark.

OMG !! Even more paperwork eh! Where does it end . I don't keep records like that , just re-calb . certs. every year.
same here

anyone got a form or spreadsheet i can steal please:D?
:eek: :O:_|

1. Have you looked at the NICEIC website?

2. Have you looked at the NICEIC website?

3. Have you looked at the NICEIC website?

4. Have you looked at the NICEIC website?

If not you could always try looking at the NICEIC website....

then

5. Select CONTRACTOR

6. Then DOWNLOADS

7. Third from the bottom..

"TEST ACCURACY FORM"

tells you all that you need.. and gives you a sample ...

There...

thats wasn't hard was it....

Even easier..

heres the link...

http://www.niceic.com/contractor/downloads

If you are going to ask about the complaint form

and the Health & Safety policy as well....

If you look close... you can see them there as well!!!!!!!!!!!

:|

And will you be requiring me to fetch your drink later sir?

and

shall I go and bring the car round from the garage to the front door for you as well!!!!

:(

:C

:coat

thanks for that but i already have that one, it got sent to me in my info pack, only thing is:

1) its a sample

2) doesnt have area to record readings or is a simple tick sufficient?

if it is ok il just delete the filled in bits and print a few off

cheers

Calm down now S,L i have already referred the op to the NICEIC site, admittedly not with such Gusto as your good self. O)

dan mate ,I think Kewtech do a Accuracy log book, and i know denmans stock Kewteck log books of various descriptions...Google the kewteck site...

- http://www.kewtechcorp.com/products/calibration/index.htm

...hope thats a help.

a1spark.

Calm down now S,L i have already referred the op to the NICEIC site, admittedly not with such Gusto as your good self. O) dan mate ,I think Kewtech do a Accuracy log book, and i know denmans stock Kewteck log books of various descriptions...Google the kewteck site...

- http://www.kewtechcorp.com/products/calibration/index.htm

...hope thats a help.

a1spark.
Indeed you had A1.... :x

I must admit I felt the OP was....... in the style of Basil Fawlty missin the bleeding obvious!!!

Even the Vets option post #2? had it pretty well covered. ;)

No need buying any forms if you can use a keyboard and computa with a printer...

Tis a doddle really! :innocent

Apologies to anyone offended but this really is simple stuff

use the guidance from the NIC info sheet..

Write a table with a list of all of your test resistor values..

write your actual test reading taken.

Put a date

Put an instrument serial No

Have a box for any observations / comments

Print a bunch of them out..

stick em in a A4 ringbinder

Put a label on the front that says Test Instrument accuracy Log Book!

simples! :) :Blushing

There you are dan........SL is a big softy at heart :D

and supplies you with some usefull and constructive advice above .

a1spark.

cheers guys, like everything simple when you know how exactly, i want it spot on for my assessment you see.

thanks

Also am i correct in thinking i dont need a heath and safety policy because i dont employ 5 or more people?

Dan, i have a couple of the Kewtech Calibration Regiter books that you could have, i kept them because on the front it say's 'For 16th edition testers' and of course we are on the 17th, however i have looked at the books and the pages are exactly the same.

If you want them let me know and i will post them to you.

Probably D. as long as the consumer unit is providing the 30 ma rcd protection.

a1spark.

thanks. Also at the cosumer unit do i need to label and earths to the water and gas incomers to which one they are? got my assessment next week and because im nervous im forgetting stuff and doing my head in

thanks. Also at the cosumer unit do i need to label and earths to the water and gas incomers to which one they are? got my assessment next week and because im nervous im forgetting stuff and doing my head in
D. I write on them with permanent marker to identify them for testing purposes. Take it easy mate on the assesment worries we all hate that sort of stuff ,but the day soon comes and goes and we move on to the next thing in life to panic over ; \ Good luck with it all the same mate. let us know how you get on.

a1spark.

You wont fail if you haven't labeled them...

The assessor may just make a note and recommend you label them in future...

Or he may just turn a blind eye and not bother!!

I use some little straps like these that you can write on with a fine point permanent marker...

http://www.cablecraft.co.uk/ProductGrp/000400290002

Item CTR110M

e.g. write "GAS" or "WATER" or "EARTH" on the label bit and strap it round the relevant earth wire!

If you want to have a look at some PM your address and I shall stick half dozen in the post to you.

:DGuinness