Testers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, apprentice87Well I stand corrected, certainly when I was purchasing my MFT, the megger's came with a fabric case and no 3pin 13a test lead, they must have raised their game since then.

Each to their own, its a matter of choice.

Mark
I've got a 1502,,, the first model of MFT that Megger made - mines a September 2004 model!!

It came in a fabric bag which was pants, 3 x probe/croc clip leads, 1 x remote probe (with 2 x probes - the long one is really useful for testing RCBS's) and a 3 pin plug lead

Yip Megger now come with hard case (not the best of cases as theres no compartments so everything just gets bunged in) and all leads. From my shot play with it (ecept for the loop impedance fault) I think I will be happy with it.

Please do give me a call if this has not been resolved, my number is 01603 406148. (Mark)
Cheers Mark, I just spoke to Nick who has been dealing with this and he assures me it will be collected on Monday, I just hope my replacement is on rapid dispatch

Update:

Megger was collected on Monday 5th (nearly 2 weeks ago), still no sign of replacement :-(

Update:Megger was collected on Monday 5th (nearly 2 weeks ago), still no sign of replacement :-(
Please see reply #38, and i am looking into this now and will post an answer as soon as i have the details.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 10:47 ----------

Update:Megger was collected on Monday 5th (nearly 2 weeks ago), still no sign of replacement :-(
I have sorted a replacement and it will be shipped to you today.

It is only the tester that has been replaced, all other items are as supplied with the origional tester.

Can i plead to the Forum members to please give me a call if you have any issues with the service we provide, I am very serious to maintain the highest standard of service and am really happy to take any calls.

My contact details are on the web site (link on home page)

maybe contact them instead of moaning about it on a forum?

many of us have used them in the past without any problems, and always good service

I have sorted a replacement and it will be shipped to you today.

It is only the tester that has been replaced, all other items are as supplied with the origional tester.

Can i plead to the Forum members to please give me a call if you have any issues with the service we provide, I am very serious to maintain the highest standard of service and am really happy to take any calls.

My contact details are on the web site (link on home page)
Thank you mark, look forward to its arrival.

[quote name='Andy

Thank you mark, look forward to its arrival.Ermm... I did, emailed Nick (who was dealing with it all) a couple of times and phoned him too. I wasn't "moaning on the forum", just updating my thread. You will also note that I did praise their service up until there was no sign of the courier to collect my faulty meter.
Noted mate and thanks.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:37 ----------

Replacement arrived this morning :)
I hope you have more luck with this one, sorry for all the waiting around with the other one.

Been using the Di-Log 9083p 17th Edition & Part P Multifunction Tester for two years, now and strongly recommend it as an economic choice.

No trip of RCD's during Zs test and performs 1/2, 1, and 5 times as well as Ramp test for trip current value.

Manufacturer will warranty the non-fused test leads as acceptable under Guidance Note 3.

If you buy one include a pack of 3.15A glass cartridge fuses (RS 32mm HBC type "T").

Cheers

says-les

New machine appears to be fine, and Im happy once again. Need to have a good read of the manual though I think lol.