testing fcu with built in rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this only for rcd and purpose built fcu. all sockets and fcu with twin earths I have used have had a permanent link

mercurystar999 Agreed, but why aren't they already? Can't think of a reason not
Read the thread I linked!

SPECIAL LOCATION 3/ Or its not uncommon for FCU's & Socket outlets to have two earth terminals to allow compliance with high CPC current circuits, e.g. IT equipment REG 543.7.2.1, or example picture pg 67, O-S-Guide.
SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH Separated Earth, more commonly known as a clean earth. Used in Data, Hi-Fi and general IT . The body or/and contaminants are connected to the 'normal' earth. The clean connection is connected to the equipment and would run back to the main earth bar or rod completely separate of any other connections, so as not to pick up any 'noise' or spikes.

:D
Ah Hem!!

How to wire a Volex VT1092 RCD protected fused connection unit - these units are Made by "Electrium Sales Ltd" who make them in B&Q branded. They also make them for companies such as, Crabtree, Wylex, Volex accessories and Siemens:
In small font that for electrical safety the two earth connectors "E" and "SE" should be linked together. It the goes on to say "When using product for clean earth facility no link wire is required". Whatever that means?
I thank You. :D

just an update, put a link in the 2 earth terminals today and all tested fine. so turns out thats what the problem was. thanks you to all who answered and especially apache for suppling the link with the answer

Think you'll find one of the earth terminals is a functional earth terminal so if its being used for something like computers etc you can provide a functional earth as well as a cpc

Think you'll find one of the earth terminals is a functional earth terminal so if its being used for something like computers etc you can provide a functional earth as well as a cpc
A high integrity earth :D