That's me done until after Christmas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Took a cancellation slot at hospital on Friday & now laid up for a couple of weeks post knee operation to trim & clean inside the joint ........

Cartilage torn due to being stupid & not wearing the pads for a quick job in a loft  back in April, knelt on a joist over stretched slipped & corner of joist pushed under the lower edge of the patella. Thought ouch & carried on working until the knee ballooned up & stayed swollen for the better part of 2 weeks, could hardly walk & kneeling down just hasn't happened since the day in the loft.

So be warned wear the knee pads no matter how small the task.

First time for me ....... never had a general anesthetic before  

ouch that sound horrible. General is no big deal. Had an eye op a couple of years ago. You will have a sore throat after as they shove a tube down your throuat whilst you are under/ Hope it goes OK. Not a fan of knee pads but rarely need them in my job

It went well happened yesterday PM......have bandage on, leg is up & I'm enjoying having everybody else run around for me (see how long that lasts)...down side no beer while on pain killers.

when the nurse was waking me up I thought I was late for work "courgette it I missed the alarm" as I tried to get up made them laugh

Take it easy  107  then the first thing in new year is to buy is a pair of big , courgette off, heavily padded knee pads ..........I'm now in the position of not daring to leave home without them TBH 

Even the ones that slip inside wee pockets in the knees on work trousers are better than nowt, and they are not as annoying as the strap type.

When I saw the thread title, I thought I was going to be jealous that you had cleared your pre xmas job list early and were now taking it easy.

Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope it sorts itself out and get those knee pads. 

Not nice as I know. I had the outer half cartilage of my right knee removed. Manchester’s sports injuries centre was run by the SS nursing corp, “you will walk up the stairs!”

Take it easy for now but don’t leave it too long before getting moving.

I used to wear Snickers with the knee pad pockets...very good. Could not get on with the dewalt ones.

i now have to,wear shorts all year round...and carry a prayer mat with me for kneeling on. Shorts in December -Feb can be challenging!🙊🙉🙈❄️

tried the Scruffs below knee shorts that took knee pads but they did not 'work' for me

I used to wear Snickers with the knee pad pockets...very good. Could not get on with the dewalt ones.

i now have to,wear shorts all year round...and carry a prayer mat with me for kneeling on. Shorts in December -Feb can be challenging!🙊🙉🙈❄️

tried the Scruffs below knee shorts that took knee pads but they did not 'work' for me

Is that with or without the high heels.?? :innocent  

Is that with or without the high heels.?? :innocent  

steel toe capped boots and thick socks for winter.....not a lot of people can carry off my 'eclectic' look! Think tramp  X Tramp on a bad day.

building site, high end multi million pound office block,  X list "Dark site" server farm ....my look remains the same!

to know me is to love me  :slap

talking to Chairman /owner of a multi million company ( customer of mine for decades ). A manager gave us a scathing look, Chairman said to him "problem?....I pay him for what he does/knows and NOT what he looks like"