The pencil-pusher!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJJeffs

Reaction score
I'm completely new to this forum and hoping to pick up some useful contacts from it. Fourteen years ago I joined a one-man-band electrician as his secretary. Since then we grew the company to fifteen employees. I was solely responsible for the implementation of all adminstrative and accounting systems, setting up of software for NICEIC certification, undertaking marketing, business development etc. Like most firms we suffered financially towards the end of last year and on the 31st December I was made redundant. I now want to be around a bit more for my children and have set up self-employed, offering all of the above services to any contractor, large or small. I am happy to work from a contractor's premises or work from my own home and am happy to be contracted for a set no. of hours each week, or just work on an ad-hoc basis, invoicing solely for hours worked. I have no problem working evenings or weekends so if someone wanted to phone through quotes / invoices / certificates when they got home in the evening I would be happy to type these up and get them emailed out the same evening. If anyone on this site has a need for my services I would love to hear from you. I can direct any serious potential customers to my previous employer's website where you can see a great deal of the publicity I generated there.

Look forward to getting to know you all soon.

Welcome to our little community, I'm sure some of members may want to try/use your services. What area are you from

Welcome to the forum

I think we could all do with some marketing tips !!!!

Welcome to the forum, It's good to have you onboard. :)

Thank you all for your kind messages. I am based in Bedfordshire but with the wonders of email these days can service any area of the country. Hope to get to know you better very soon.x

Thank you all for your kind messages. I am based in Bedfordshire but with the wonders of email these days can service any area of the country. Hope to get to know you better very soon.x
Just a friendly warning - some of the members may get the wrong idea of the 'services' you offer if you sign your messages with a kiss ;)

:D

Then it says a lot about their mentality!
Welcome LJJeffs,

They are mostly well behaved, and any who are not, will get a clip behind the ears. Admin works very hard keeping a happy house here.

Doc H.

Blimey Pencil pusher...

you sound like quite an On-the-ball person when it comes to electrical administration!!

sorry about your employment situation...

Not sure many on here would be able to use your services? :(

(lets hope I'm wrong:))

Sparks who are employed: 'out of their control'

Well established sparks: Probably already organised & established

New start-up sparks: keep all cost to a minimum not employing external services.

thats just my gut feeling??

But it is good to have you on the forum..

Welcome!

do you drink beer?? Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

if not just pretend its you fave drink !!! :D :DBlushing:^O

Latest posts