The Two New Electrical Registers: "electricsafe" & "electrical Safety Register"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmmmm

This is going to run and run; methinks.......

I`m only showing on one list - haven`t had the call from the "other lot" yet........

Albert: They`ve addressed the "competence" issue - thought everyone had heard - they`ve re-defined the definition of "competence"......

(Seriously!)

Gawd `elp us all
really?

so now they write the dictionary as well as the law?

where is it,?

Im in need of a laugh,

anyway,

looks like Im going to have to bite the bullet in order to preserve my rights, so its going to be cheapest, still wont mean I will use it though.

I just Googled Competent Persons Schemes  .  Didn't find 8 of them as I was informed recently .  Found 5 .

NICEIC

ECA

ELECSA

BS

NAPIT

STROMA   appears to be for heating systems  .

PS:-   When Googling I was directed to a thread on our Forum . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Stepps may I , with respect , suggest you bite the bullet and sign up with, say,  ELECSA /ECA   if only to save the hassle of this new mandatory  NVQ  for new QSs after middle of   2013 .

My assessor made a pertinent point the other week , the site was in Warwick area and he said if you had to get them to certify 2 of your jobs in a year it would be more than the ELECSA fee . 

TBH.. I am not to worried about how many registers..

or if they have defined competence correctly or not ..

All I see is more opportunity for some free advertsing....

Which in this economic climate is always a help!!!

;)

Yep Deke, taken on board, Mrs looking into.it as.a costing for after xmas.

As you say, just more money to be allowed to do what we already pay a fortune out to do. :|

TBH.. I am not to worried about how many registers..
or if they have defined competence correctly or not ..

All I see is more opportunity for some free advertsing....

Which in this economic climate is always a help!!!

;)
All well.and good, but the numpties are getting free advert too,

It would be far better without them.

All well.and good, but the numpties are getting free advert too, It would be far better without them.

True..

But you are never going to stop that....

So best to be in there and increase my chance and reduce a numpties chance of being selected..

rather than not being there and leaving an open field for the numpties to run around at will!

I think it makes sense Steppers.

My mate /work partner over the last 19 years won't have anything to do with it TBH .We help each othr out with the two handed stuff.     He was going to leave the trade and find something else to do but its not that easy I'm afraid . 

Well, yes you are, stop short course people being licence.

Oh, sorry, i forgot, any arsehole in this country can be a spark.after 5 weeks, still doesnt male them competent.

I think it makes sense Steppers.
My mate /work partner over the last 19 years won't have anything to do with it TBH .We help each othr out with the two handed stuff.     He was going to leave the trade and find something else to do but its not that easy I'm afraid . 
Making sense would be banning every short course person in the country being licenced, and not calling them.competent,

As for leaving, I would have left ages ago, but I cant find 5 week pilot course, or gas, or anything really, all these arseholes are dragging my livelihood into the gutter, and i dont care how good they think they leave the job, they are all *****.

Yes you're right there ,  the Numpties will have their bits of paper but no experience and willl be in the tent along with Specs & Sidgrinder et; al

With that vision of a marquee full to bursting with electricians and surrounded by as many others in a great sea of urine after all that Part Peeing I'm off to buy a job lot of wellies and make a financial killing tomorrow.

One ring to rule them all, while you have two or three rings it can never work, and while you need to understand a Building (not an electrical) regulation to qualify, puts them both into useless space to me

Are we talking Electrical Rings here Philbas,   or golden ones coveted by the Dark Lord and carried through Mordor by a little pointy eared, big footed small feller ?      No..No ..not Canoey ...how dare you suggest that .  

Well I am on the electricsafe register with Napit. I was surprised but it goes to show they are true to there word. Hats off to them.

Thought you were NICEIC Specs ?

I am...

So I was automatically added to The Electrical Safety Register:  http://www.electricalsafetyregister.com/index.html

And by completing the application page on the website

I am also now on the ElectricSafe register:  http://www.electricsaferegister.co.uk/

As I have said earlier...

2 x free advertising on the internet..

I assume these register bods may be doing a bit of search engine optimisation to get their register across to people hunting electrcian..??

So its a no-brainer to me not to make sure my name is there in the running as well!!

Even if one or both registers fade away to nothing in 18months time I have lost nothing cuz it costs £zero, £zilch, £nowt!!

:Salute