thermostat and programmer help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyd

Reaction score
hey guys bit ofhelp needed.....

i dont do heating controlls so def need a helping hand...

ive got a standard programmer controlling the heating but they want a programmer with a thermostat with it....theres one thats already mounted from the old boiler.. .. basically theres a 3 core at the stat L N and 3..... Red black and yellow... .

at the programmer theres again a 3 core but its a different colour coming from the boiler it self....i know where the stat 3 core is (blanked off next to boiler) what connections do i do to intergrate the stat??????????

What type of boiler is it?

combi or older type with a cylinder somewhere?

if its a Combi then the programmer only controls heating and normally the Room stat is wired in series with the timer

Typical wiring of room stat with those colours would be Red Live from switched side of programmer/timer, Black Neutral and Yellow switched live from Stat back to switch live feed to boiler.

If its an older type system then it its a bit more complicated depending on what control system it has, Y plan, S plan etc.

its a reemah (sp)?? combi he said he had the boiler changed but it looked like a combi cos it had i think 5 or 6 pipes coming out the bottom....what combinations are there for me??

If it is a Combi then simples.

Only heating is Timed and Stat controlled (Hot water is instant on demand)

So as said the Time control and Thermostat are wired in series, (heating only on if BOTH are ON)

If timer is already built into Boiler then you just need to wire in Room Stat.

On boiler there will be two terminals with link in marked Thermostat.

You take the link out and wire the Stat between the two, if your thermostat needs a neutral then this also needs connecting in.