theromlec pool heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

guy phoned about this swimming pool again, hes now ready to get it all going.

So problem is, breaker tipping shortly after heater comes on (if i turn thermostat down its all ok).

i tested the resistance of the elements and they all came out at about 11.6 give or take .3

tightend up a few loose connections etc but still tripping,

i cant se anything obvious.

main cable is 10mm swa.

heater is 15kw

breaker is a 3ph 25a

its all worked fine for about 10 years

question is....anyone delt with theromlec poolheater? any ideas? is the element resistance ok at 11.6?

also a swimming pool should be TT right? cant fing the reg

also a swimming pool should be TT right? cant fing the reg
A note to Reg 702.410.3.4.3 (ii) recommends, with TNCS, installing a rod or mat with a suitably low resistance, e.g. 20 ohms or less and connected to the equipotential bonding. This is to supplement the existing earthing arrangement but it doesn't make it TT.

Edit: Red book, the green one's in the van. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks canoe, will have a better look and do ir test

acsess is a big problem at the moment as there is a boiler above it so i cant take the cover off properly lol, guy asked me to take boiler out as its no longer used so will be ablet to test properly.

thanks

I would agree with canoey. I looked at a jacuzzi a few weeks back the insulation of the element was down on that and that was tripping the RCD out. I tested the pumps and they were fine.