thieving scum bags

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are dyes you can buy off the net i.e. blue dye which you can dye red diesel blue and if pulled they cant tell if its red or white as its blue. If asked why you can say someone was stealing your diesel and you dyed it blue to find the culprit.

there are dyes you can buy off the net i.e. blue dye which you can dye red diesel blue and if pulled they cant tell if its red or white as its blue. If asked why you can say someone was stealing your diesel and you dyed it blue to find the culprit.
How would you find the culprit though without technically trespassing and breaking into/theft from a vehicle?

How would you find the culprit though without technically trespassing and breaking into/theft from a vehicle?
If you suspected someone you'd alert the authorities who would then do the breaking in\trespassing etc... for you.

If you suspected someone you'd alert the authorities who would then do the breaking in\trespassing etc... for you.
Doubt it

On farm we had a LOT of red derv nicked from fuel tank for tractors, we knew exactly who it was and police said nothing they can do unless caught doing it.

its perfectly legal to dye your own diesel a different colour, but the red dye is more than just a dye. a very quick test will confirm if it was red or not. and if it can be proved that you dyed it a different colour to try and hide the fact it red diesel, then things could get worse

Doubt itOn farm we had a LOT of red derv nicked from fuel tank for tractors, we knew exactly who it was and police said nothing they can do unless caught doing it.
if it can be proven it was stolen from you, then they could. i.e if you were to put something similar to red dye in that was unique to you, then that should be enough proof of where it came from

What I meant was, theoretically that would be the way to do it. In the real world though, once it's gone, it's gone. I have never had anything seen through to a satisfactory conclusion by the rozzers.

really, the only way they would get done is if they got caught speeding - but then the fine would probably go to the legit owners who had the car nicked...