Things You Do Not See Anymore, Or Very Seldomly

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Quatermass and the pit. Same thing?

Early Dr Who had us kids hiding behind the sofa afraid of the Darleks. Look at it now and it's laughable.

Remember early Star Trek? they were pretty pants. Still fancy Lieutenant Uhuru. 

I remember Quatermass and the pit. Same thing?                        ( Yes  a somewhat better colour cinema film using the same character )  

Early Dr Who had us kids hiding behind the sofa afraid of the Darleks. Look at it now and it's laughable.

Remember early Star Trek? they were pretty pants. Still fancy Lieutenant Uhuru.   ( Don't we all  Also prefer those originals to anything that followed TBH     , shakey sets and all )

Fruit salads and black jacks sweets and metal mickey :)What was that scarecrow on tv called ? Used to put on his thinking head lol
you can still get black jacks and Fruit salad around here.Had some this p.m.!

Scarecrow....wurzel ,gummidge

Peter Glaze on Crackerjack mullering the latest Pop tune

Last edited by a moderator:
Things for sale at half price NOT buy one get one free! FFS i only want 1 NOT 2

Free public toilets NOT pay to pee

Things built to last

Diesel,cheaper than petrol

Farmers riding pushbikes

Steri milk

Smiling traffic cops

Travelling knife grinders

Brucie. TFFT!

Party 4. & party 7 cans

People NOT. moaning!

Decent wood-chisels

Carrier bikes

Not T'Pol then? I wish I had the gall to ask the missus to get the same hair cut & don a set of pointy ears!  :lol:

EDIT: And a bit of Googling...........Cosplay anyone?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75634
Is that not a bit like Goblin Gobbling or Hobbit Humping?

Mind you , though but, the Latex special bonus at the end of your link was most appealing

Mmmm RR in latex.........ohhhhhhhh yesssssssssss!

Travelling knife grinders
Do you mean going around in a van, or travelling head knife grinders like a surface grinder but with a slant bed?

TBH, around here we still have the first, and I used to have the 2nd, but the nearest now is about 40 miles away "as the crow flies" as it were.

Do you mean going around in a van, or travelling head knife grinders like a surface grinder but with a slant bed?

TBH, around here we still have the first, and I used to have the 2nd, but the nearest now is about 40 miles away "as the crow flies" as it were.
Our knife man was too poor for a van.....travelled by bus

I am informed that "grinder". Is somewhat different now

Musicians, in particular guitarists, who when interviewed do NOT feel,the need to strum a few bars.

Old ladies in Rain Hoods

Road sweepers....not the motorised ones

Ketjap Manis Indonesian Soy sauce.........cannot find it in any shops, only online

PROPER mealtimes, all family sat around the table

Moskovitch and Wartburg Knights

Actors/actresses NOT name dropping, i was talking about this to The Queen, Rhianna and Steven Hawkins only the other day

Dogs running down the street with a load of sausages stolen from the local butcher