Timed isolator for shed supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
A customer wants a timed feed to an outhouse where theres a sauna (infra red)

he wants this in the garage so that its not left on when the kids forget to turn it off in the shed

any suggestions on this ???

the power in the sauna is 13amp plug

2 doubles and a few lights max load 4kw

how long does he need to time?

a normal one hit timer on a contactor would do, but Ive not used any that go over an hour yet, so dont know if the the max time available off the shelf.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:05 ----------

or how about an occupation sensor/contactor, with a time delay on it?

or one of these?

medsize006-SpeederProductsproducts3.jpg

Easily doable Theo, decide on what you want to achieve first then we can move on.

Timer & contactor would be fine.

Central heating timer could do this?

Contactor can be small & in an enclosure alongside.

if hes trying to grow high grade he would be nicked on the first

the rozzers chopper would be out.....

^^^ thats what I was thinking, and now I think more they are usually 1press 1hr, on 2nd press 2hrs 3rd press 3hrs and on fourth press resets to 0 again.

Easily doable Theo, decide on what you want to achieve first then we can move on.Timer & contactor would be fine.

Central heating timer could do this?

Contactor can be small & in an enclosure alongside.
so if i had the timer then the contactor and the timer activated you would need to reset the contactor each time to reset the feed to the shed ?

No mate you could programme the timer to turn the contactor on and off, just like it turns any other load on and off, so the supply could be on from 18:00-22:00 every evening, automatically for example.

That would do mate, but there could be easier ways unless you have space etc. in the CU.

As I say think about what you want to achieve first.

no room in the cu so that would be in a seperate housing

will think it over

Latest posts