TLC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrishornby

Reaction score
Hello All

I have a job coming up this week which is good as my memory of how to 'do' electrics is fading as it's been so long!

Anyways I found TLC on the internet and ordered all my stuff (backboxes, fluorescent light etc) from them. Very impressed with their range of goods and their pricings seem keen.

Anybody use them or have done before? Have yourselves a look.http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk

Yes Chris, I use them a lot. When you say ordered your stuff, do you mean on the internet?

If you had called in person and had a chat with them, the chance are - they would give you a good discount.

Have you tried price with our sponsor? (at the top of the homepage screen) - Just a thought. :|

Thanks Admin. Did do it over the internet as opposed to phoning...Damn!!! Lost a bit of faith with calling recently as when I phoned Manpower to register on their books, the lady told me to go onto their website and do it there. Took an age! Would have much rather have spoken to someone to go through it.

Will have a look at the sponsor too.

I use TLC and have an account with them. They are not cheapest on everything but you have to shop around a bit. I like to deal with them because they sell a lot of stuff that others don't sell.

Batty

Hello Chris..

as others have said TLC are not the cheapest

but from my experience quite good on their delivery & service..

No complaints...

other than most of their branches are in the lower part of the country..

so if Midlands and Higher... not much chance of popping in to get direct over the counter deals! :)

Have just tried pricing comparison for an extension - TLC gave internet quotes up to 15% lower than others. But - the best deals can still be got "at the counter" at several other wholesalers. Depends on your relationship with them. Overall I tend to use TLC because I can sit at the computer and order in the evenings - no diesel costs, no queuing (can take 1 and 1/2 hour round trip at some wholesalers) and no smart**** sales assistants!

Have just tried pricing comparison for an extension - TLC gave internet quotes up to 15% lower than others. But - the best deals can still be got "at the counter" at several other wholesalers. Depends on your relationship with them. Overall I tend to use TLC because I can sit at the computer and order in the evenings - no diesel costs, no queuing (can take 1 and 1/2 hour round trip at some wholesalers) and no smart**** sales assistants!
Why not get it delivered. I have a good relationship with one of my wholesalers. I ring in the morning it is delivered the same day if it is in stock. I don't buy everything from them though I think you have to shop around.

Batty

Can't clain to have used TLC much as I like my local branch of Denmans - but I have made a lot of use of their technical section which is excellent. Check it out!!!

If Denman's ever upsets me I would certainly use them as the next port of call.

Do we get a discount off alert electrical with it being a sponsor of the site?

Just wanting a bit of 10mm twin and earth only 10 metres of it and might treat my self to some new cutters.

If the order is small - then i doub't it. But you can always ask.

You don't don't know unless you ask.