Todays ridiculous Job Offer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivixxiv

Reaction score
1st and 2nd fix Electrical work in domestic properties

The position will suit somebody who wants to top up their own work

The pay is based on price

Example Board change 5 to 6 circuits

yep, and folks are doing it,Ive seen boards being done in an hour!!!

havent you seen those new remote testers that can be operated from the van?
Yep to all, the remote testing starts when the van starts up and reverse is engaged

I'm pretty sure its a decent homes job, which is being endlessly subbed out. Saying that the rates per unit aren't much to write home about in the first place (unless you're the one at the top taking the big slice)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just the way things roll for us at the bottom of food chain. Just finished a stream today. Prices for rewires (materials provided by contractor) was

this is why i have to buy my own boots:slap

Couple of years ago we were getting 850 for 3 bed house. it seems everytime somebody farts, 20% gets knocked off.

Your all members of the largest on line forum for electricians, and as such could put together any kind of promotion. Why don't you use the power of the internet to stand together and do something about it? I am sure there are people here who could make a difference, the scheme providers are not doing it, or doing it badly. Take control and write to those who can make a difference, show them polls that can only be done on this forum, and let them know how you feel, what you would like to change, and what you think should be done. Otherwise we will be having this same conversation next year and the year after. Individually we have little power, together well who knows?